- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
Everyone loves an outfield goalie: Rodrigo Palacio dons the gloves for Inter Milan v Verona
Rodrigo Palacio’s became Inter’s ‘Coppa keeper’ on Tuesday night when the centre forward closed out the cup win over Verona.
Antonio Cassano and Fredy Guarin put Inter 2-up early in the second period, but Inter had to see out a nervy last 16 minutes after goalkeeper Luca Castellazzi was stretchered and, with all their substitutes made, Palacio was handed the gloves.
I made a great save. Initially Cristian Chivu said he would go in goal, but then the Coach asked me or Ricky Alvarez to go in. I had played in goal a few times as a kid, but luckily it was only for 15 minutes this time…
Palacio’s standout goalie moment came when he made an acrobatic diving save to turn an Alessandro Carrozza header around the post.
Other than that the 30-year-old Argentinean attacker made a routine catch on his goalline, and took one goal-kick.
Watch Rodrigo Palacio’s goalie highlights v Verona below.
- Updated: December 19, 2012