Everyone loves an outfield goalie: Rodrigo Palacio dons the gloves for Inter Milan v Verona
- December 19, 2012
Rodrigo Palacio’s became Inter’s ‘Coppa keeper’ on Tuesday night when the centre forward closed out the cup win over Verona.
Antonio Cassano and Fredy Guarin put Inter 2-up early in the second period, but Inter had to see out a nervy last 16 minutes after goalkeeper Luca Castellazzi was stretchered and, with all their substitutes made, Palacio was handed the gloves.
I made a great save. Initially Cristian Chivu said he would go in goal, but then the Coach asked me or Ricky Alvarez to go in. I had played in goal a few times as a kid, but luckily it was only for 15 minutes this time…
Palacio’s standout goalie moment came when he made an acrobatic diving save to turn an Alessandro Carrozza header around the post.
Other than that the 30-year-old Argentinean attacker made a routine catch on his goalline, and took one goal-kick.
Watch Rodrigo Palacio’s goalie highlights v Verona below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...