Everyone loves an outfield goalie: Rodrigo Palacio dons the gloves for Inter Milan v Verona
- December 19, 2012
Rodrigo Palacio’s became Inter’s ‘Coppa keeper’ on Tuesday night when the centre forward closed out the cup win over Verona.
Antonio Cassano and Fredy Guarin put Inter 2-up early in the second period, but Inter had to see out a nervy last 16 minutes after goalkeeper Luca Castellazzi was stretchered and, with all their substitutes made, Palacio was handed the gloves.
I made a great save. Initially Cristian Chivu said he would go in goal, but then the Coach asked me or Ricky Alvarez to go in. I had played in goal a few times as a kid, but luckily it was only for 15 minutes this time…
Palacio’s standout goalie moment came when he made an acrobatic diving save to turn an Alessandro Carrozza header around the post.
Other than that the 30-year-old Argentinean attacker made a routine catch on his goalline, and took one goal-kick.
Watch Rodrigo Palacio’s goalie highlights v Verona below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi