Everton’s Leighton Baines creates more chances than any other player in Europe
- April 13, 2013
|PLAYER||TEAM||CHANCES CREATED (including assists)|
|DAVID SILVA||MANCHESTER CITY||89|
|MESUT OZIL||REAL MADRID||78|
An article in the Daily Mail this week revealed that Leighton Baines has created more chances for his team this season than any other player in Europe.
The Toffee winger has created 97 chances this season, four more than second placed Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille).
The feat is all the more staggering, though, once you go further down the list, and realise the sheer quality of player he has trumed: Steven Gerrard, Francesco Totti, Mesut Ozil, and Santi Cazorla.
Such a consistently brilliant performer, Leighton Baines is undoubtedly one of the most underrated players around.
A sample of Baines’ assists and goals for Everton can be seen on the clip below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...