Everton’s Leighton Baines creates more chances than any other player in Europe
- April 13, 2013
|PLAYER||TEAM||CHANCES CREATED (including assists)|
|DAVID SILVA||MANCHESTER CITY||89|
|MESUT OZIL||REAL MADRID||78|
An article in the Daily Mail this week revealed that Leighton Baines has created more chances for his team this season than any other player in Europe.
The Toffee winger has created 97 chances this season, four more than second placed Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille).
The feat is all the more staggering, though, once you go further down the list, and realise the sheer quality of player he has trumed: Steven Gerrard, Francesco Totti, Mesut Ozil, and Santi Cazorla.
Such a consistently brilliant performer, Leighton Baines is undoubtedly one of the most underrated players around.
A sample of Baines’ assists and goals for Everton can be seen on the clip below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi