- Harry Kane has now equalled last season’s top goal scorer at Spurs [Graphic]
- Supposed Arsenal & Man United target Christoph Kramer signs a new Bayer Leverkusen deal
- Golazo! Sheffield Wednesday U18 star Jonathan Fusco (17) scores long range beauty [Video]
- Fulham’s Lasse Vigen Christensen ran the full pitch to score v Sheffield Wednesday [Official Video]
- Barcelona SC’s Alex Bolanos sent off v Emelec for a horror tackle on his brother Miller Bolanos [Video]
Everton’s Leighton Baines creates more chances than any other player in Europe
|PLAYER||TEAM||CHANCES CREATED (including assists)|
|DAVID SILVA||MANCHESTER CITY||89|
|MESUT OZIL||REAL MADRID||78|
An article in the Daily Mail this week revealed that Leighton Baines has created more chances for his team this season than any other player in Europe.
The Toffee winger has created 97 chances this season, four more than second placed Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille).
The feat is all the more staggering, though, once you go further down the list, and realise the sheer quality of player he has trumed: Steven Gerrard, Francesco Totti, Mesut Ozil, and Santi Cazorla.
Such a consistently brilliant performer, Leighton Baines is undoubtedly one of the most underrated players around.
A sample of Baines’ assists and goals for Everton can be seen on the clip below.
- Updated: April 13, 2013