Everton’s Leighton Baines creates more chances than any other player in Europe
- April 13, 2013
|PLAYER||TEAM||CHANCES CREATED (including assists)|
|DAVID SILVA||MANCHESTER CITY||89|
|MESUT OZIL||REAL MADRID||78|
An article in the Daily Mail this week revealed that Leighton Baines has created more chances for his team this season than any other player in Europe.
The Toffee winger has created 97 chances this season, four more than second placed Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille).
The feat is all the more staggering, though, once you go further down the list, and realise the sheer quality of player he has trumed: Steven Gerrard, Francesco Totti, Mesut Ozil, and Santi Cazorla.
Such a consistently brilliant performer, Leighton Baines is undoubtedly one of the most underrated players around.
A sample of Baines’ assists and goals for Everton can be seen on the clip below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...