Everton’s Joe Williams sent off for a disgraceful tackle on Liverpool’s Pedro Chirivella in the U18 mini derby [Video]
- November 26, 2013
After Saturday’s pulsating Merseryside derby at Goodison Park, Tuesday saw Everton’s under-18 side hosts Liverpool’s youth team in the mini derby.
Everton picked up a 3-1 win over their city rivals, and the Toffees claimed their win despite having Joe Williams sent off for a disgraceful tackle just before the hour.
The action started when Liverpool’s young Spanish central midfielder Pedro Chirivella won a meaty 50/50 against Everton’s number 10 (which some could also claim was a sending off offense).
Having escaped that challenge, Chirivella regained enough of his balance to lay off a forward pass, but then the Liverpool midfielder was brutally wiped out by a late, high tackle from Everton’s Williams.
Williams collected an instant red card, while Liverpool had to withdraw Chirivella because he was injured.
See how Everton’s Joe Williams was sent off for a disgraceful tackle on Liverpool’s Pedro Chirivella in the U18 mini derby below.
- Man United are taking on Chelsea in the race to sign John Stones [Guardian]
- ‘Roberto Martinez’ bashes Chelsea’s disrespectful approach for John S...
- Romelu Lukaku bags a hat-trick as Everton come from behind to beat Hearts 3-1 (Official...
- Everton striker Romelu Lukaku nets a hat-trick in 3-1 win over Hearts (Videos)
- Chelsea on the verge of completing deal for Augsburg’s €20million rated left back...
- Everton fans slam Chelsea for Gary Cahill’s public tapping up of John Stones [Bes...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi