Everton’s Joe Williams sent off for a disgraceful tackle on Liverpool’s Pedro Chirivella in the U18 mini derby [Video]
After Saturday’s pulsating Merseryside derby at Goodison Park, Tuesday saw Everton’s under-18 side hosts Liverpool’s youth team in the mini derby.
Everton picked up a 3-1 win over their city rivals, and the Toffees claimed their win despite having Joe Williams sent off for a disgraceful tackle just before the hour.
The action started when Liverpool’s young Spanish central midfielder Pedro Chirivella won a meaty 50/50 against Everton’s number 10 (which some could also claim was a sending off offense).
Having escaped that challenge, Chirivella regained enough of his balance to lay off a forward pass, but then the Liverpool midfielder was brutally wiped out by a late, high tackle from Everton’s Williams.
Williams collected an instant red card, while Liverpool had to withdraw Chirivella because he was injured.
See how Everton’s Joe Williams was sent off for a disgraceful tackle on Liverpool’s Pedro Chirivella in the U18 mini derby below.
Watch Live Stream
- Forget Fellaini, Man United fans are raging about Paul Pogba, again [Tweets]December 4, 2016
- Zlatan ends Seamus Coleman and Twitter can’t copeDecember 4, 2016
- Watch Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s brilliant Man United goal v Everton (Official Videos)December 4, 2016
- No red card? Marcos Rojo’s horror foul v Everton’s Idrissa Gueye (Official Video)December 4, 2016
- John Terry celebrates Nathan Ake winner, Jordon Ibe has mixed emotions over Bournemouth 4 – Liverpool 3December 4, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp and Jordon Ibe reignite their bromance during post match celebrationsDecember 4, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp’s classy interview after Bournemouth 4 – Liverpool 3 (Video)December 4, 2016
- Liverpool throw away two goal lead, lose to Bournemouth, Twitter finds it hilariousDecember 4, 2016