Everton’s Joe Williams sent off for a disgraceful tackle on Liverpool’s Pedro Chirivella in the U18 mini derby [Video]
- November 26, 2013
After Saturday’s pulsating Merseryside derby at Goodison Park, Tuesday saw Everton’s under-18 side hosts Liverpool’s youth team in the mini derby.
Everton picked up a 3-1 win over their city rivals, and the Toffees claimed their win despite having Joe Williams sent off for a disgraceful tackle just before the hour.
The action started when Liverpool’s young Spanish central midfielder Pedro Chirivella won a meaty 50/50 against Everton’s number 10 (which some could also claim was a sending off offense).
Having escaped that challenge, Chirivella regained enough of his balance to lay off a forward pass, but then the Liverpool midfielder was brutally wiped out by a late, high tackle from Everton’s Williams.
Williams collected an instant red card, while Liverpool had to withdraw Chirivella because he was injured.
See how Everton’s Joe Williams was sent off for a disgraceful tackle on Liverpool’s Pedro Chirivella in the U18 mini derby below.
- Aaron Lennon turns that frown upside down after completing move from Spurs to Everton (...
- Everton’s Gerard Deulofeu grabbed a goal & an assist as Spain U21s won (Videos)
- Everton legend Peter Reid praises John Stones for his professionalism (Video)
- Twitter congratulates Aaron Lennon for learning how to smile (Tweets)
- Everton celebrate Aaron Lennon’s signing from Spurs with a YouTube montage
- Watch Ramiro Funes Mori’s first interview as an Everton player (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...