- The top 10 funniest moments of the Bundesliga so far! [Video]
- Tottenham are in advanced talks with PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea consider a singing section in the Shed End to improve the home atmosphere [Daily Mail]
- Lionel Messi has a new football tattoo on his left leg [Pictures]
- Inter Milan reach agreement with Lukas Podolski, still yet to speak to Arsenal [Di Marzio]
Everton’s Joe Williams sent off for a disgraceful tackle on Liverpool’s Pedro Chirivella in the U18 mini derby [Video]
After Saturday’s pulsating Merseryside derby at Goodison Park, Tuesday saw Everton’s under-18 side hosts Liverpool’s youth team in the mini derby.
Everton picked up a 3-1 win over their city rivals, and the Toffees claimed their win despite having Joe Williams sent off for a disgraceful tackle just before the hour.
The action started when Liverpool’s young Spanish central midfielder Pedro Chirivella won a meaty 50/50 against Everton’s number 10 (which some could also claim was a sending off offense).
Having escaped that challenge, Chirivella regained enough of his balance to lay off a forward pass, but then the Liverpool midfielder was brutally wiped out by a late, high tackle from Everton’s Williams.
Williams collected an instant red card, while Liverpool had to withdraw Chirivella because he was injured.
See how Everton’s Joe Williams was sent off for a disgraceful tackle on Liverpool’s Pedro Chirivella in the U18 mini derby below.
- Updated: November 26, 2013