Everton will bid for Man United’s Tom Cleverley at end of the season & Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku [The Times]
- April 22, 2014
James Ducker has gone to print in The Times on Tuesday with news about Everton’s supposed transfer targets this summer.
According to the broadsheet, Roberto Martinez has two specific players at the top of his wishlist: Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley and Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku.
Ducker writes in The Times:
Everton will make a bid of about £8 million for Tom Cleverley, the Manchester United and England midfielder, at the end of the season.
Roberto Martínez, the Everton manager, has identified Cleverley as one of his main summer transfer targets alongside Romelu Lukaku, the Belgium striker who is on loan at Goodison Park from Chelsea.
It could take nearer to £12 million to persuade United to part company with Cleverley, although with David Moyes on the brink of being sacked, any incoming manager may be opposed to selling the player.
In the article, James Ducker also states his belief that Gareth Barry, who has been on loan at Goodison Park all season from Man City, is likely to move to the MLS this summer.
See a copy of the article in The Times below.
- Eden Hazard scored a brilliant solo golazo for Chelsea v Barcelona (Videos)
- Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho snaps back at Rafa Benitez’s wife, tells her to tak...
- Chelsea 2 – Barcelona 2: Hazard & Cahill find the target before Blues win a ...
- Jose Mourinho says ex Man United striker Radamel Falcao will be feared at Chelsea
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- The Guardian ponder how Chelsea can improve on last season’s title-winning exploi...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi