- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Everton will bid for Man United’s Tom Cleverley at end of the season & Chelsea’s Romelu Lukaku [The Times]
James Ducker has gone to print in The Times on Tuesday with news about Everton’s supposed transfer targets this summer.
According to the broadsheet, Roberto Martinez has two specific players at the top of his wishlist: Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley and Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku.
Ducker writes in The Times:
Everton will make a bid of about £8 million for Tom Cleverley, the Manchester United and England midfielder, at the end of the season.
Roberto Martínez, the Everton manager, has identified Cleverley as one of his main summer transfer targets alongside Romelu Lukaku, the Belgium striker who is on loan at Goodison Park from Chelsea.
It could take nearer to £12 million to persuade United to part company with Cleverley, although with David Moyes on the brink of being sacked, any incoming manager may be opposed to selling the player.
In the article, James Ducker also states his belief that Gareth Barry, who has been on loan at Goodison Park all season from Man City, is likely to move to the MLS this summer.
See a copy of the article in The Times below.
- Updated: April 22, 2014