- Cristiano Ronaldo struggles to stay awake during statue unveiling [Video]
- James Rodriguez’s & Radamel Falcao’s Fathers played together for Deportes Tolima in 1987
- Pirloesque! Bastian Schweinsteiger’s stunning free-kick v Mainz [Video]
- Liverpool fan after Arsenal draw: ‘Flamini should have been sent off!’ [Video]
- Manchester United players make fans’ dreams come true at Christmas Foundation [Video]
Everton will bid for FC Twente striker Dusan Tadic in January [TC Tubantia]
TC Tubantia, a local newspaper in Twente, Holland, have splashed their daily on Thursday with news that Everton are primed to bid for Serbian striker Dusan Tadic in January.
According to TC Tubantia:
Everton will make an attempt in the coming weeks to sign Dudan Tadic from FC Twente. The English side have serious interest in the 25-year-old Serbian striker, who still have 2.5 years left on his contract in Enschede.
Tadic has had an excellent first half of the season at Twente and for Serbia, during which time the striker has clocked up 11 goals and two assists for club and country. With everything going swimmingly well for the Serb, it’s no surprise to learn that just last week the attacker told TC Tubantia:
I want to finish the season at Twente, because I’m not in favour of changing teams the middle of the season. In the winter team’s often panic buy. I would only move if a dream club came in for me. But I’m not ready to leave Twente. I need the team and this team needs me.
Whether Everton would be a dream club for Tadic remains to be seen, however the indications are that the Serb would be interested in a move to Roberto Martinez’s Toffees.
Having joined FC Twente from FC Groningen for £6.8m last summer, TC Tubantia report that Everton could acquire the striker if they offer a bid of around 12 million euros.
- Updated: January 9, 2014