Everton v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
Everton: Howard; Stones, Funes Mori, Baines; Cleverley, Barry; Lennon, Barkley, Kone; Lukaku.
Subs: Robles, Jagielka, Mirallas, Besic, Deulofeu, Osman, Galloway.
Tottenham: Lloris , Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Carroll, Dier; Eriksen, Alli, Lamela; Kane
Subs: Vorm, Rose, Trippier, Bentaleb, Chadli, Onomah, Son.
Spurs have won their last three games in the league, and were they to beat the Toffees, Mauricio Pochettino’s side would be the only team in the top flight to record maximum points over Christmas and the New Year.
That would be some achievement.
Everton, meanwhile, are a Jekyll & Hyde side this season, as they are dynamic in attack but desperate at the back.
Indeed, there last six games include two wins, two draws, and two defeats with an aggregate score of 10-9.
As to the match stats, Everton have won none of their last six Barclays Premier League meetings with Spurs, but on the flip-side Romelu Lukaku has scored 11 goals in his last 10 appearances for Everton in all competitions.
As for Spurs, they are looking to win their opening Premier League game of the calendar year for the sixth successive season.
Watch Live Stream
- Everton 0 – Norwich 2: Steven Naismith sinks his old club (Official highlights)September 21, 2016
- Everton fans slated for applauding Steven Naismith goal against them [Tweets]September 20, 2016
- Everton v Norwich: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-20September 19, 2016
- Mino Raiola lists four clubs who can afford to buy Everton striker Romelu Lukaku [Quotes]September 19, 2016
- Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino delivers “very positive” update on Harry Kane’s injurySeptember 26, 2016
- CSKA Moscow v Tottenham: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 26, 2016
- Rumour: Former Spurs & Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos is being blackmailed over a sex tapeSeptember 26, 2016
- Spurs reveal major injury problems ahead of CSKA Moscow matchSeptember 26, 2016