Everton v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
Everton: Howard; Stones, Funes Mori, Baines; Cleverley, Barry; Lennon, Barkley, Kone; Lukaku.
Subs: Robles, Jagielka, Mirallas, Besic, Deulofeu, Osman, Galloway.
Tottenham: Lloris , Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Carroll, Dier; Eriksen, Alli, Lamela; Kane
Subs: Vorm, Rose, Trippier, Bentaleb, Chadli, Onomah, Son.
Spurs have won their last three games in the league, and were they to beat the Toffees, Mauricio Pochettino’s side would be the only team in the top flight to record maximum points over Christmas and the New Year.
That would be some achievement.
Everton, meanwhile, are a Jekyll & Hyde side this season, as they are dynamic in attack but desperate at the back.
Indeed, there last six games include two wins, two draws, and two defeats with an aggregate score of 10-9.
As to the match stats, Everton have won none of their last six Barclays Premier League meetings with Spurs, but on the flip-side Romelu Lukaku has scored 11 goals in his last 10 appearances for Everton in all competitions.
As for Spurs, they are looking to win their opening Premier League game of the calendar year for the sixth successive season.
Watch Live Stream
- Everton’s Yannick Bolasie fears confirmed with injury newsDecember 5, 2016
- Forget Fellaini, Man United fans are raging about Paul Pogba, again [Tweets]December 4, 2016
- Zlatan ends Seamus Coleman and Twitter can’t copeDecember 4, 2016
- Watch Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s brilliant Man United goal v Everton (Official Videos)December 4, 2016
- Football Leaks publish Spurs defender Toby Alderweireld’s low release clauseDecember 5, 2016
- Harry Kane surprises a Spurs fan with a Christmas call (Video)December 5, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino cites Michael Owen dive to defend Spurs midfielderDecember 5, 2016
- FPL managers rush to sell Sergio Aguero, Spurs & Chelsea men top replacementsDecember 4, 2016