Everton v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
Everton: Howard; Stones, Funes Mori, Baines; Cleverley, Barry; Lennon, Barkley, Kone; Lukaku.
Subs: Robles, Jagielka, Mirallas, Besic, Deulofeu, Osman, Galloway.
Tottenham: Lloris , Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Carroll, Dier; Eriksen, Alli, Lamela; Kane
Subs: Vorm, Rose, Trippier, Bentaleb, Chadli, Onomah, Son.
Spurs have won their last three games in the league, and were they to beat the Toffees, Mauricio Pochettino’s side would be the only team in the top flight to record maximum points over Christmas and the New Year.
That would be some achievement.
Everton, meanwhile, are a Jekyll & Hyde side this season, as they are dynamic in attack but desperate at the back.
Indeed, there last six games include two wins, two draws, and two defeats with an aggregate score of 10-9.
As to the match stats, Everton have won none of their last six Barclays Premier League meetings with Spurs, but on the flip-side Romelu Lukaku has scored 11 goals in his last 10 appearances for Everton in all competitions.
As for Spurs, they are looking to win their opening Premier League game of the calendar year for the sixth successive season.
Watch Live Stream
- Bad news for Everton’s Oumar Niasse & Leighton BainesOctober 20, 2016
- Former Man City & Everton striker Jo talks about his battle with alcohol [Globo]October 19, 2016
- Oumar Niasse scores a hat-trick for Everton U23 v Reading (Official Video)October 18, 2016
- Everton’s Ronald Koeman says Man City are the best side he’s ever faced (Video)October 16, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016
- Updates on Danny Rose & Toby Alderweireld playing for Spurs v BournemouthOctober 20, 2016
- Man United legend Roy Keane’s frank assessment of Spurs title chances is too funny (Video)October 20, 2016