Everton tracking Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld, no bid yet [De Telegraaf]
- July 15, 2013
Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf claim on Monday that Everton are tracking Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld, but no official bid has been made yet.
It is understood that Everton have scouted Alderweireld and also been in contact with his agent but the Toffees are yet to make a formal offer.
This follows Alderweireld’s decision last week to reject an approach from fellow Premier League side Norwich.
Everton could sign Alderweireld for a fee of around 8 million euros, according to De Telegraaf.
The 24-year-old defender, who has also been linked with Liverpool, has one year remaining on his current deal at Ajax, but would be open to extending with Frank De Boer’s side.
Alderweireld is quoted saying: “If I do not leave, I am happy to sit down with Ajax to see if we can come to some agreement.”
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi