Everton sign Spanish keeper Joel Robles [Marca]
- July 9, 2013
Everton look set to complete the signing of a third former Wigan player, according to Madrid based daily Marca.
After securing the signature of Arouna Kone and with Antolin Alcaraz also heading to Goodison Park to join up with Roberto Martinez, Marca reveal Everton have signed Joel Robles.
The Spanish Under-21 keeper spent the second half of last season at Wigan, on loan from Atletico Madrid, and is expected to put pressure on Everton number one Tim Howard.
He ousted Ali Al Habsi in the Wigan goal and played the full match as the Latics stunned Manchester City 1-0 in the FA Cup final.
Roberto Martinez was eager for Robles to join the Toffees and the 23-year-old custodian was keen on a move as he was unlikely to secure much playing time at Atletico Madrid, with Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois in such fine form.
Everton’s signing of Joel Robles is expected to be announced in the next 48 hours.
- Atletico Madrid’s Luciano Vietto scores perfect Panenka v Sagan Tosu (Video)
- Not Ideal: Stefan Savic scores unfortunate own goal on Atletico Madrid debut (Video)
- Olimpico: Atletico midfielder Koke scores directly from corner kick versus Sagan Tosu (...
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi