- The Guardian list the numbers that make Cristiano Ronaldo the most marketable footballer in the world
- Martin Odegaard has an option to sign a five-year-deal with Real Madrid when he turns 16 [Marca]
- The rise of Bayern Munich phenomenon Thomas Muller | Bundesliga profile video
- Jose Mourinho dismisses ‘Mickey Mouse sites and blogs’ linking Petr Cech with move away [Video]
- Flashback Friday! Luis Enrique scores for Barcelona in rout of Sevilla during 1996/97 season [Video]
Everton sign Spanish keeper Joel Robles [Marca]
Everton look set to complete the signing of a third former Wigan player, according to Madrid based daily Marca.
After securing the signature of Arouna Kone and with Antolin Alcaraz also heading to Goodison Park to join up with Roberto Martinez, Marca reveal Everton have signed Joel Robles.
The Spanish Under-21 keeper spent the second half of last season at Wigan, on loan from Atletico Madrid, and is expected to put pressure on Everton number one Tim Howard.
He ousted Ali Al Habsi in the Wigan goal and played the full match as the Latics stunned Manchester City 1-0 in the FA Cup final.
Roberto Martinez was eager for Robles to join the Toffees and the 23-year-old custodian was keen on a move as he was unlikely to secure much playing time at Atletico Madrid, with Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois in such fine form.
Everton’s signing of Joel Robles is expected to be announced in the next 48 hours.
- Updated: July 9, 2013