Everton sign Spanish keeper Joel Robles [Marca]
- July 9, 2013
Everton look set to complete the signing of a third former Wigan player, according to Madrid based daily Marca.
After securing the signature of Arouna Kone and with Antolin Alcaraz also heading to Goodison Park to join up with Roberto Martinez, Marca reveal Everton have signed Joel Robles.
The Spanish Under-21 keeper spent the second half of last season at Wigan, on loan from Atletico Madrid, and is expected to put pressure on Everton number one Tim Howard.
He ousted Ali Al Habsi in the Wigan goal and played the full match as the Latics stunned Manchester City 1-0 in the FA Cup final.
Roberto Martinez was eager for Robles to join the Toffees and the 23-year-old custodian was keen on a move as he was unlikely to secure much playing time at Atletico Madrid, with Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois in such fine form.
Everton’s signing of Joel Robles is expected to be announced in the next 48 hours.
- Atletico Madrid post English video of Raul Garcia’s tear-fuelled farewell presser...
- Raul Garcia broke down in tears at his Atletico Madrid farewell press conference (Video)
- Golazo: Jackson Martinez scores his first goal for Atletico Madrid v Sevilla (Videos)
- Atletico’s Antoine Griezmann pulls off brilliant improvisational assist for Koke ...
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa met up with Atletico chief exec Miguel Angel Gil in Ibiza, ...
- Man United linked to Antoine Griezmann after Chelsea pinch Pedro [Daily Mail]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...