- Inter Milan reach agreement with Lukas Podolski, still yet to speak to Arsenal [Di Marzio]
- Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois has claimed 51 crosses in the Premier League with a 100% success rate [HLN]
- Sevilla are interested in Man United striker Radamel Falcao [AS]
- Neymar linked to medical student Camila Karam during his Xmas trip home, she denies relationship
- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres locks up Atletico homecoming, loan deal until 2016 [Marca & AS]
Everton sign a pre-contract with Porto manager Vitor Pereira, rumours of a 2-year deal [ABola]
Portuguese daily ABola appear to have the skinny on who’ll fill the post as Everton’s new manager.
Everton are on the lookout for a new boss after Manchester United pinched David Moyes away from Goodison Park, and sources in Iberia are now claiming that Porto boss Vitor Pereira is taking over the hotseat on Merseyside.
According to ABola, Vitor Pereira signed a pre-contract agreement with Everton two months ago. The agreement was brokered by Pereira’s agent Christophe Henrotay, who was employed by his client to explore alternative management positions away from Portugal earlier in the season.
The contract, should it come to fruition, was for Vitor Pereira to pen a 2-year deal at Goodison Park. Moreover, Everton will not have to pay any compensation for Vitor Pereira, as the manager’s contract expires at the end of June.
Should the rumour prove true, Everton fans will likely be very excited about their new boss.
44-year-old Vitor Pereira has had a successful two seasons in charge of the Dragons, during which time he’s won back-to-back Liga Sagres titles, as well as taking Porto to the 2012–13 Taça da Liga final where they lost to Braga.
A screengrab of the story from ABola’s website can be seen below.
- Updated: May 22, 2013