Everton emailed Liege about striker Batshuayi, say his parents who have seen the letter [Het Laatste Nieuws]
- January 21, 2014
Roberto Martinez appears to be stocking on strikers in January.
Everton, 6th in the Premier League after a 1-1 draw at West Brom on Monday night, are reportedly on the verge of bringing Lacina Traore in on loan from Monaco, however reports keep circulating that Standard Liege striker Michy Batshuayi may be moving to Goodison Park also.
Batshuayi, the 20-year-old Belgian striker, is currently involved in a soap opera at Liege. The attacker has been in scintillating form in the Jupiler League scoring 15 goals in 22 games for the league leaders, however Liege president Roland Duchâtelet seems hell-bent on getting rid of the forward when his stock is high.
Belgium daily Het Laatste Nieuws delivered quotes from Batshuayi’s parents on Tuesday on the current current status of their son:
To be perfectly honest, we often have the impression that the president is pushing our son to the exit door. Our manager has confirmed to us that Everton have contacted him, because Mr. Duchâtelet was contacted directly by email from Everton about the possibility of a transfer. We have also seen that e-mail.
Since the beginning of the whole affair, we have made repeated attempts to reach [Mr. Duchâtelet] by telephone, but he hasn’t answered our calls.
Wolfsburg’s Naldo & Vieirinha soak their boss with beer during his press conference
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]