Everton forward Gerard Deulofeu has a €35m release clause at Barcelona [El Mundo Deportivo]
The hype surrounding Gerard Deulofeu continues to grow in the aftermath of his excellent equaliser for Everton at Arsenal on Sunday.
In Barcelona they were tremendously excited about Deulofeu and this has gone up a notch in recent days, since the goal at the Emirates.
On Wednesday, El Mundo Deportivo report that Deulofeu’s release clause at Barcelona currently stands at 35 million euros.
All players that come through La Masia reportedly have the same release clause and Deulofeu’s was agreed when he signed a new Barcelona contract last summer until May 2017.
El Mundo Deportivo add that Deulofeu’s release clause of just 35 million euros could be a worry for Barcelona in the coming months.
Whilst Everton would be unable to pay such a fee – unless they were to reach the Champions League next season – the likes of Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea would all be able to pay this price for one of the hottest prospects in the world.
Finally, El Mundo add that Barcelona expect Deulofeu to be part of their first team squad in 2014/2015 and see it as unlikely that he will stay at Goodison Park beyond this campaign.
- Leo Messi sends cryptic message to the Spanish Tax Man on Instagram
- Ronaldo romps and Messi watch complaints feature in new book of Barcelona anecdotes
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi will be tried in Spain for tax fraud, could spend 22 months...
- Man United & Barcelona send scouts to watch one of the hottest stars in Belgium [H...
- Brilliant fan footage shows Gerard Deulofeu’s free kick against Reading (Video)
- Everton’s Gerard Deulofeu grabbed a goal & an assist as Spain U21s won (Videos)
- Romelu Lukaku slapped Gerard Deulofeu in the face as Everton beat Barnsley (Video)
- Barnsley 3 – Everton 5: Romelu Lukaku nets a brace, Gerard Deulofeu gets a hat-tr...