Everton forward Gerard Deulofeu has a €35m release clause at Barcelona [El Mundo Deportivo]
- December 11, 2013
The hype surrounding Gerard Deulofeu continues to grow in the aftermath of his excellent equaliser for Everton at Arsenal on Sunday.
In Barcelona they were tremendously excited about Deulofeu and this has gone up a notch in recent days, since the goal at the Emirates.
On Wednesday, El Mundo Deportivo report that Deulofeu’s release clause at Barcelona currently stands at 35 million euros.
All players that come through La Masia reportedly have the same release clause and Deulofeu’s was agreed when he signed a new Barcelona contract last summer until May 2017.
El Mundo Deportivo add that Deulofeu’s release clause of just 35 million euros could be a worry for Barcelona in the coming months.
Whilst Everton would be unable to pay such a fee – unless they were to reach the Champions League next season – the likes of Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea would all be able to pay this price for one of the hottest prospects in the world.
Finally, El Mundo add that Barcelona expect Deulofeu to be part of their first team squad in 2014/2015 and see it as unlikely that he will stay at Goodison Park beyond this campaign.
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...