Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Loanee Gareth Barry should be allowed to play against Manchester City’ [Video]
- May 1, 2014
As happens every time a loanee is due to face his parent club, a mini-controversy has developed over Gareth Barry’s ineligibility for this weekend’s game between Everton and Man City.
On loan at Everton, Premier League loan rules stipulate that loanees cannot play against their parent clubs, and that’s always been the way, but with the Champions League this week showing the effects of allowing it, Roberto Martinez has a strong arguing case.
The Everton boss made the case at his press conference this morning, saying that if it’s allowed in the Champions League, then there’s no logical reason why it shouldn’t be in the Champions League.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...