Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Loanee Gareth Barry should be allowed to play against Manchester City’ [Video]
As happens every time a loanee is due to face his parent club, a mini-controversy has developed over Gareth Barry’s ineligibility for this weekend’s game between Everton and Man City.
On loan at Everton, Premier League loan rules stipulate that loanees cannot play against their parent clubs, and that’s always been the way, but with the Champions League this week showing the effects of allowing it, Roberto Martinez has a strong arguing case.
The Everton boss made the case at his press conference this morning, saying that if it’s allowed in the Champions League, then there’s no logical reason why it shouldn’t be in the Champions League.
Watch Live Stream
- Everton v Man United: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 3, 2016
- Everton & West Brom keen on signing Morgan Schneiderlin from Man United [Telegraph]December 2, 2016
- Everton fans force Ronald Koeman to change his Christmas treeDecember 1, 2016
- Gary Lineker speaks about playing against ‘all-time great’ Ronald Koeman (Video)November 21, 2016
- Everton’s Gareth Barry defends Chelsea’s Diego Costa on Fanzai against biting claimsMarch 13, 2016
- Chelsea issue a statement on behalf of Diego Costa that he did not bite Gareth BarryMarch 13, 2016
- Thierry Henry’s face after Gareth Barry was called ‘one of the best players England have had’ (Vine)January 24, 2016
- FPL award Everton assist v Crystal Palace to… Gareth Barry. Cue angry managers [Tweets]December 8, 2015
- Fan cam footage of Fernandinho pushing Cesc Fabregas over an ad hoarding (Video)December 3, 2016
- Sergio Aguero really hates David Luiz: Man City star has previous for assault on Chelsea man (video)December 3, 2016
- Pep Guardiola seriously snubbed Cesc Fabregas after Man City 1 – Chelsea 3 (video)December 3, 2016
- Diego Costa’s reaction to the Man City v Chelsea fight was awesome (Video)December 3, 2016