Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Loanee Gareth Barry should be allowed to play against Manchester City’ [Video]
As happens every time a loanee is due to face his parent club, a mini-controversy has developed over Gareth Barry’s ineligibility for this weekend’s game between Everton and Man City.
On loan at Everton, Premier League loan rules stipulate that loanees cannot play against their parent clubs, and that’s always been the way, but with the Champions League this week showing the effects of allowing it, Roberto Martinez has a strong arguing case.
The Everton boss made the case at his press conference this morning, saying that if it’s allowed in the Champions League, then there’s no logical reason why it shouldn’t be in the Champions League.
Watch Live Stream
- Bad news for Everton’s Oumar Niasse & Leighton BainesOctober 20, 2016
- Former Man City & Everton striker Jo talks about his battle with alcohol [Globo]October 19, 2016
- Oumar Niasse scores a hat-trick for Everton U23 v Reading (Official Video)October 18, 2016
- Everton’s Ronald Koeman says Man City are the best side he’s ever faced (Video)October 16, 2016
- Everton’s Gareth Barry defends Chelsea’s Diego Costa on Fanzai against biting claimsMarch 13, 2016
- Chelsea issue a statement on behalf of Diego Costa that he did not bite Gareth BarryMarch 13, 2016
- Thierry Henry’s face after Gareth Barry was called ‘one of the best players England have had’ (Vine)January 24, 2016
- FPL award Everton assist v Crystal Palace to… Gareth Barry. Cue angry managers [Tweets]December 8, 2015
- Manchester United v Manchester City: Watch a Live Stream of the EFL Cup matchOctober 26, 2016
- Man City’s Kevin De Bruyne is injured, will miss Man United gameOctober 25, 2016
- Rap Battle: Pep Guardiola vs Jose Mourinho (video)October 25, 2016
- Man United v Man City: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 25, 2016