Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Loanee Gareth Barry should be allowed to play against Manchester City’ [Video]
As happens every time a loanee is due to face his parent club, a mini-controversy has developed over Gareth Barry’s ineligibility for this weekend’s game between Everton and Man City.
On loan at Everton, Premier League loan rules stipulate that loanees cannot play against their parent clubs, and that’s always been the way, but with the Champions League this week showing the effects of allowing it, Roberto Martinez has a strong arguing case.
The Everton boss made the case at his press conference this morning, saying that if it’s allowed in the Champions League, then there’s no logical reason why it shouldn’t be in the Champions League.
Watch Live Stream
- Everton v Crystal Palace: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 29, 2016
- Bad news for Everton’s Leighton BainesSeptember 27, 2016
- Everton 0 – Norwich 2: Steven Naismith sinks his old club (Official highlights)September 21, 2016
- Everton fans slated for applauding Steven Naismith goal against them [Tweets]September 20, 2016
- Everton’s Gareth Barry defends Chelsea’s Diego Costa on Fanzai against biting claimsMarch 13, 2016
- Chelsea issue a statement on behalf of Diego Costa that he did not bite Gareth BarryMarch 13, 2016
- Thierry Henry’s face after Gareth Barry was called ‘one of the best players England have had’ (Vine)January 24, 2016
- FPL award Everton assist v Crystal Palace to… Gareth Barry. Cue angry managers [Tweets]December 8, 2015
- Man United & Man City are at ‘war’ over a German World Cup winner [El Chiringuito]September 29, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Pep Guardiola was happy with Man City’s response v Celtic (Video)September 28, 2016
- Best Tweets as Celtic and Manchester City produce epic 3-3 in Champions LeagueSeptember 28, 2016