- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Roberto Martinez jokes Man United have bid £50m for Ross Barkley following Liverpool speculation
Everton manager Roberto Martinez today laughed off speculation that midfielder Ross Barkley was to be the target of a £38 million bid from bitter rivals Liverpool.
Speaking at a press conference this morning, a smiling Martinez said, “In terms of speculation we already turned down a £50 million bid from (Manchester) United so we’re not going to take £38 million from Liverpool.”
He added, “I think speculation is quite enjoyable and that it shows how well our players our doing.”
Barkley has had a breakthrough season in the Everton first team, producing a series of impressive performances against the league’s top teams, which many suspect has already booked him a place in Roy Hodgson’s England squad for the World Cup.
- Updated: April 15, 2014