Roberto Martinez jokes Man United have bid £50m for Ross Barkley following Liverpool speculation
- April 15, 2014
Everton manager Roberto Martinez today laughed off speculation that midfielder Ross Barkley was to be the target of a £38 million bid from bitter rivals Liverpool.
Speaking at a press conference this morning, a smiling Martinez said, “In terms of speculation we already turned down a £50 million bid from (Manchester) United so we’re not going to take £38 million from Liverpool.”
He added, “I think speculation is quite enjoyable and that it shows how well our players our doing.”
Barkley has had a breakthrough season in the Everton first team, producing a series of impressive performances against the league’s top teams, which many suspect has already booked him a place in Roy Hodgson’s England squad for the World Cup.
- New Everton song trolls Chelsea: Money can’t buy me Stones (video)
- Spurred On urge Daniel Levy to splash the cash after Spurs 0 – Everton 0 (video)
- Man United fans rip into Harry Kane after he fired another blank v Everton (Tweets)
- Everton fans taunt Chelsea singing ‘Money can’t buy you Stones’ (Fan ...
- Joey Barton airs his thoughts on Everton and Chelsea’s John Stones tug-of-war (Vi...
- Everton fans react to reports claiming PSG had £20m bid for Seamus Coleman rejected (Tw...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...