- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Roberto Martinez jokes Man United have bid £50m for Ross Barkley following Liverpool speculation
- April 15, 2014
Everton manager Roberto Martinez today laughed off speculation that midfielder Ross Barkley was to be the target of a £38 million bid from bitter rivals Liverpool.
Speaking at a press conference this morning, a smiling Martinez said, “In terms of speculation we already turned down a £50 million bid from (Manchester) United so we’re not going to take £38 million from Liverpool.”
He added, “I think speculation is quite enjoyable and that it shows how well our players our doing.”
Barkley has had a breakthrough season in the Everton first team, producing a series of impressive performances against the league’s top teams, which many suspect has already booked him a place in Roy Hodgson’s England squad for the World Cup.