Roberto Martinez jokes Man United have bid £50m for Ross Barkley following Liverpool speculation
- April 15, 2014
Everton manager Roberto Martinez today laughed off speculation that midfielder Ross Barkley was to be the target of a £38 million bid from bitter rivals Liverpool.
Speaking at a press conference this morning, a smiling Martinez said, “In terms of speculation we already turned down a £50 million bid from (Manchester) United so we’re not going to take £38 million from Liverpool.”
He added, “I think speculation is quite enjoyable and that it shows how well our players our doing.”
Barkley has had a breakthrough season in the Everton first team, producing a series of impressive performances against the league’s top teams, which many suspect has already booked him a place in Roy Hodgson’s England squad for the World Cup.
- Everton 1 – Villarreal 2: Toffees lose Duncan Ferguson’s testimonial, Wayne...
- Everton star Romelu Lukaku pranks club kitchen staff lady (Video)
- Wayne Rooney glad to get a good reception on Everton return for Duncan Ferguson’s...
- Man United striker Wayne Rooney received awesome welcome at Everton (video)
- Leeds pieced together an amazing team move as Alex Mowatt scored v Everton (Video)
- Everton v Villarreal: Watch a Live Stream of Duncan Ferguson’s testimonial, with Wayne ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi