- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Evening Standard: Man United make moves to sign £20m Cesc Fabregas, Arsenal have first dibs
London’s Evening Standard have sparked interest on Monday afternoon going to print with news that Manchester United are chasing Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas.
According to Simon Johnson:
United are determined to [lure] Fabregas to Old Trafford while they are also attempting to buy back Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid… [Barcelona] would be looking to recoup at least £20m for the Spain international.
Fabregas would be happy to return to the Premier League… It has been reported Arsenal inserted a clause when they sold Fabregas to Barcelona to ensure they had first option on buying him back.
With Paul Scholes bowing out of the United picture, and many still unconvinced by the likes of Anderson, buying a central midfielder does seem like a potential source of transfer activity for United this summer.
But Cesc? Is he really going to leave Barcelona for Manchester United? There are plenty of reasons to believe this rumour is bogus.
Noticeably, Sky Sports’ Spanish pundit Guillem Balague has been quick to rubbish the rumour, and his thoughts can be read below.
- Updated: May 13, 2013