Evening Standard: Man United make moves to sign £20m Cesc Fabregas, Arsenal have first dibs
- May 13, 2013
London’s Evening Standard have sparked interest on Monday afternoon going to print with news that Manchester United are chasing Barcelona’s Cesc Fabregas.
According to Simon Johnson:
United are determined to [lure] Fabregas to Old Trafford while they are also attempting to buy back Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid… [Barcelona] would be looking to recoup at least £20m for the Spain international.
Fabregas would be happy to return to the Premier League… It has been reported Arsenal inserted a clause when they sold Fabregas to Barcelona to ensure they had first option on buying him back.
With Paul Scholes bowing out of the United picture, and many still unconvinced by the likes of Anderson, buying a central midfielder does seem like a potential source of transfer activity for United this summer.
But Cesc? Is he really going to leave Barcelona for Manchester United? There are plenty of reasons to believe this rumour is bogus.
Noticeably, Sky Sports’ Spanish pundit Guillem Balague has been quick to rubbish the rumour, and his thoughts can be read below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...