- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Even Jordan’s fans were celebrating Edinson Cavani’s free-kick golazo on Wednesday night
Uruguay all-but booked their spot at next summer’s World Cup this week when the South Americans won 5-0 away at Jordan in their Brazil 2014 playoff.
The highlight of the game was Edinson Cavani’s fifth goal for the Uruguayans, as the top-draw PSG striker curled a special free-kick over the wall and into the far top corner.
Cavani’s strike was majestic, and the local fans were only too happy to enjoy the golazo even though it virtually cemented their nation’s exclusion from the biggest tournament in international football.
Eye-witness has now come to light showing how a large group of Jordanian fans sung Cavani’s name and jumped around for joy after seeing the Uruguayan hitman score a special goal against their team.
Watch the eye-witness footage below.
- Updated: November 15, 2013