- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Even Jordan’s fans were celebrating Edinson Cavani’s free-kick golazo on Wednesday night
- November 15, 2013
Uruguay all-but booked their spot at next summer’s World Cup this week when the South Americans won 5-0 away at Jordan in their Brazil 2014 playoff.
The highlight of the game was Edinson Cavani’s fifth goal for the Uruguayans, as the top-draw PSG striker curled a special free-kick over the wall and into the far top corner.
Cavani’s strike was majestic, and the local fans were only too happy to enjoy the golazo even though it virtually cemented their nation’s exclusion from the biggest tournament in international football.
Eye-witness has now come to light showing how a large group of Jordanian fans sung Cavani’s name and jumped around for joy after seeing the Uruguayan hitman score a special goal against their team.
Watch the eye-witness footage below.