Evander Sno (NEC) suffers a cardiac arrest on the pitch but manages to walk off the field
- September 30, 2012
“Evander [Sno] had a cardiac arrest which was followed by a shock from his internal defibrillator. And the shock is what he felt and that terrified him, which I could see in his eyes on the pitch. He was transported to a hospital because the defibrillator caused arrhythmia (abnormal heart beat) so he has to stay there for the night.” – Feyenoord doctor Casper van Eijck.
Former Celtic, Ajax and Bristol City forward Evander Sno suffered a scary health incident on Saturday as the 25-year-old Dutchman had a cardiac arrest on the pitch.
Sno’s dodgy ticker is well-known.
Back in 2010, during an Ajax reserve game, Sno had his first heart attack. At that point the attacker had n external defibrillator implanted in his chest to help regulate and manage his heart, and on Saturday the current NEC player was indebted to that instrument for saving his life.
In a freaky moment during the match at Feyenoord, Sno sunk to his knees midway in the 3oth minute and immediately his teammates looked very concerned. As we now know, Sno suffered a heart attack, but incredible the number six was able to walk off the pitch before he was taken to hospital.
Although his is out of any immediate danger, Evander Sno is likely to take time to recover before he returns to the field of play.
Watch the incident below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”238397″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...