Eusebio’s wonderful comedy performance on Phoenix From The Flames with Skinner & Baddiel
- January 5, 2014
Football fans born in the 80s in Britain will likely have been glued to their TV sets in the 90s to watch Baddiel and Skinner’s Fantasy Football League comedy show.
Before the likes of Soccer AM, Fantasy Football League was the original football entertainment TV show in which the two footy-crazed comedians managed to pull in some of the greatest names in the Beautiful Game onto their crappy sofa and participate in their skits.
One of the regular features of the show was a segment called Phoenix From The Flames which involved an ex-pro recreating their most famous football moment with the comics.
Back in 1998, during the World Cup in France, the Black Panther himself appeared in one memorable episode in which the Portuguese hero relived his historic four-goal haul at Goodison Park in 1966 against North Korea.
Watch that brilliant episode, complete with inappropriate jokes from Eusebio about North Korea, below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...