Europa League draw: Tottenham in pot 1, Celtic pot 2 & Everton pot 3 [Graphic]
- August 29, 2014
On Friday in Monaco the draw for the group stages of the 2014-15 Europa League will be made.
The competition this season only has three British based side remaining, being Tottenham Hotspurs, Scottish champions Celtic and Everton.
Tottenham, who got to the semifinal of the tournament last season, are ranked in pot 1.
Spurs are joined by Sevilla, Inter Milan, PSV, Napoli and Lille in the top grouping.
Dropping down a level into pot 2 we find Celtic, and it’s worth noting that the SPL champs could be drawn against Legia Warsaw, with the Poles ranked in pot 3.
Also in pot three is Roberto Martinez’s Everton, who seem destined to face a tough set of opponents in the group phase. Everton are ranked alongside Torino and Feyenoord.
See the full four pots ahead of the Europa League draw below.
- Celtic are trying to sign Real Madrid teenager Martin Ødegaard on loan for the 2015-16 ...
- Celtic & Barcelona legend Henrik Larsson has still got it [video]
- Celtic’s John Guidetti in trouble for singing ‘offensive’ anti-Ranger...
- Leaked: Brand new pictures of the 2014-15 New Balance Celtic home kit
- Mackay-Steven & van Dijk scored cracking goals for Celtic at Dundee [videos]
- Celtic’s Leigh Griffiths caught stuffing his face with a tea cake on bench during...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi