Etienne Capoue to undergo Spurs medical, agrees 4-year deal [L’Equipe]
- August 8, 2013
Spurs appear to have added another physically imposing central midfielder to their ranks with the signing of Toulouse’s Etienne Capoue.
Widespread reports in France and England on Wednesday evening confirmed Tottenham were closing in on a move for Capoue who has long been linked with the Premier League.
L’Equipe, arguably the most reliable French newspaper, report that the 25-year-old midfielder will undergo a medical at Spurs on Thursday or Friday after Toulouse agreed an 11 million euro deal (plus 2 million in incentives).
Toulouse president Olivier Sadran has confirmed the move to RMC Sport which comes just days after Capoue rejected an offer from Cardiff and rumours that Atletico Madrid were interested.
Capoue will sign a 4-year-deal at White Hart Lane and was reportedly eager for a move to a bigger club to secure a spot in France’s World Cup squad next summer.
There have been suggestions that Capoue may be initially used by Andre Villas-Boas in defence due to mounting injury problems and the likes of Sandro, Paulinho and Mousa Dembele likely to command midfield spots.
- New Spurs striker Heung-Min Son gives first interview since move (Video)
- Europa League Draw: Liverpool & Tottenham get relatively easy groups
- Spurs confirm signing of Son Heung-min from Bayer Leverkusen
- Tottenham’s Emmanuel Adebayor is set to have a medical with West Ham today [Talks...
- EPL enhanced offers!!! 5/1 Arsenal to beat Newcastle, 6/1 Spurs v Everton & Real M...
- Fan footage: Ex-Spurs man Paulinho hits a 40-yard free kick golazo for Guangzhou Evergr...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...