Etienne Capoue to undergo Spurs medical, agrees 4-year deal [L’Equipe]
- August 8, 2013
Spurs appear to have added another physically imposing central midfielder to their ranks with the signing of Toulouse’s Etienne Capoue.
Widespread reports in France and England on Wednesday evening confirmed Tottenham were closing in on a move for Capoue who has long been linked with the Premier League.
L’Equipe, arguably the most reliable French newspaper, report that the 25-year-old midfielder will undergo a medical at Spurs on Thursday or Friday after Toulouse agreed an 11 million euro deal (plus 2 million in incentives).
Toulouse president Olivier Sadran has confirmed the move to RMC Sport which comes just days after Capoue rejected an offer from Cardiff and rumours that Atletico Madrid were interested.
Capoue will sign a 4-year-deal at White Hart Lane and was reportedly eager for a move to a bigger club to secure a spot in France’s World Cup squad next summer.
There have been suggestions that Capoue may be initially used by Andre Villas-Boas in defence due to mounting injury problems and the likes of Sandro, Paulinho and Mousa Dembele likely to command midfield spots.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]