Etienne Capoue to undergo Spurs medical, agrees 4-year deal [L’Equipe]
Spurs appear to have added another physically imposing central midfielder to their ranks with the signing of Toulouse’s Etienne Capoue.
Widespread reports in France and England on Wednesday evening confirmed Tottenham were closing in on a move for Capoue who has long been linked with the Premier League.
L’Equipe, arguably the most reliable French newspaper, report that the 25-year-old midfielder will undergo a medical at Spurs on Thursday or Friday after Toulouse agreed an 11 million euro deal (plus 2 million in incentives).
Toulouse president Olivier Sadran has confirmed the move to RMC Sport which comes just days after Capoue rejected an offer from Cardiff and rumours that Atletico Madrid were interested.
Capoue will sign a 4-year-deal at White Hart Lane and was reportedly eager for a move to a bigger club to secure a spot in France’s World Cup squad next summer.
There have been suggestions that Capoue may be initially used by Andre Villas-Boas in defence due to mounting injury problems and the likes of Sandro, Paulinho and Mousa Dembele likely to command midfield spots.
Watch Live Stream
- Leicester fans prepare banner to troll Spurs about last season’s title race [Picture]October 26, 2016
- Spurs fans Trolled Liverpool’s Alberto Moreno during EFL Cup tie (Video)October 26, 2016
- Spurs are selling Nabil Bentaleb [Liberte Algerie]October 26, 2016
- A mock-up of Tottenham’s revolutionary ‘tunnel club’ in their new stadium is releasedOctober 26, 2016
- Sevilla reach agreement with Toulouse to sign Ben Yedder [Marca]July 30, 2016
- Rumour: Arsenal are about to sign Toulouse striker Wissam Ben Yedder [Tweets]July 26, 2016
- Toulouse boss Pascal Dupraz gave amazing team talk before final day relegation battle (Video)May 17, 2016
- PSG come from behind to beat Toulouse (Official highlights)January 20, 2016