- Zinedine Zidane: The day I was asked to join Real Madrid was one of the happiest of my life [Vogue]
- The Wealdstone Raider reckons he could take on David Silva but ‘would run miles’ from Roy Keane [Video]
- An extensive look at Bayern Munich’s magnificent stadium, the Allianz Arena [Video]
- The top ten players in Serie A this season [Copa 90 Video]
- Jose Mourinho: Bojan Krkic is the only player who almost killed me with a heart attack [Video]
Estudiantes & Dorados in brawl of the season contender: 9 (nine!) sent off & match suspended for 30 minutes
The Mexican second division witnessed one of the greatest brawls of all-time as Estudiantes Tecos and Dorados of the Ascenso MX went at it to a mental degree.
Estudiantes won the match 2-1 but it all kicked off (literally!) in the 83rd minute as a long ball was played up to Estudiantes forward Eduardo Lillingston who took offence to a high challenge from Brazilian Rodrigo Falle that missed completely.
Progressively the fight got worse, with flying kicks and running battles taking place all over the video below and the match was suspended for 30 minutes.
Reports in Mexico confirm that nine were sent off. The total was made up of six players and three substitutes. Four from Estudiantes and five representing Dorados.
Among those was Rodrigo Folle who was responsible for the initial challenge that set off wild proceedings. Enjoy the crazy scenes below.
- Updated: October 21, 2012