ESPN panel asks: Can Daniel Sturridge step up for Liverpool?
There is a lot of pressure on Daniel Sturridge for the coming season.
In 2013/2014, Sturridge was very much the junior partner in the fabulously successful SAS partnership with Luis Suarez.
With Suarez departing for Barcelona there was always going to be huge focus on Sturridge.
So far, Liverpool have brought in Rickie Lambert, who should be a great foil for Sturridge but yesterday pulled out of a deal for Loic Remy who failed his medical.
As a result, the ESPN panel have asked whether Daniel Sturridge can step up for Liverpool in 2014/2015.
Unsurprisingly, legendary Liverpool player Steve Nicol, now a pundit at ESPN, backs Sturridge to come good.
And, with the likes of Raheem Sterling, Lazar Markovic and Philippe Coutinho behind, it would be no surprise were Sturridge to continue banging in the goals for Liverpool.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes it clear Sturridge will remain at club [Mirror]December 2, 2016
- Mesut Ozil fails to recreates Daniel Sturridge’s Europa League Final goal (Video)December 1, 2016
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge posts heart-warming Steven Gerrard tribute [Instagram]November 25, 2016
- Roles reversed as Southampton hope to sign a Liverpool star [Express]November 23, 2016
- It’s not certain Liverpool will lose Joel Matip in JanuaryDecember 8, 2016
- Joey Barton calls out Steven Gerrard’s coaching credentials (Video)December 8, 2016
- Top striker criticised for not joining Liverpool or Arsenal (BBC Video)December 8, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool are worse at defending than under Brendan RodgersDecember 7, 2016