ESPN panel asks: Can Daniel Sturridge step up for Liverpool?
There is a lot of pressure on Daniel Sturridge for the coming season.
In 2013/2014, Sturridge was very much the junior partner in the fabulously successful SAS partnership with Luis Suarez.
With Suarez departing for Barcelona there was always going to be huge focus on Sturridge.
So far, Liverpool have brought in Rickie Lambert, who should be a great foil for Sturridge but yesterday pulled out of a deal for Loic Remy who failed his medical.
As a result, the ESPN panel have asked whether Daniel Sturridge can step up for Liverpool in 2014/2015.
Unsurprisingly, legendary Liverpool player Steve Nicol, now a pundit at ESPN, backs Sturridge to come good.
And, with the likes of Raheem Sterling, Lazar Markovic and Philippe Coutinho behind, it would be no surprise were Sturridge to continue banging in the goals for Liverpool.
Watch Live Stream
- Daniel Sturridge’s face told a picture on the Liverpool bench v West BromOctober 22, 2016
- Liverpool’s top 10 best cheeky chips & lobbed goals (official video)October 21, 2016
- Weak Walcott & Selfish Sturridge worst of very bad bunch as England draw in Slovenia [Tweets]October 11, 2016
- Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge reaches a goalscoring milestone v MaltaOctober 8, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp admits that Simon Mignolet isn’t happy with his current situation (Video)October 24, 2016
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016