- Liverpool offer £135k annual salary to 15-year-old Roma attacker dubbed ‘the new Ibrahimovic’ [Standard]
- Man United target Diego Godin says he’d like to stay with Atletico for ‘many years’ [Mirror]
- Arsenal players spread Christmas cheer around to children in hospital [Video]
- El Tigre is no longer king of the jungle [@BabboPieta Feature]
- Damning! The key statistics behind every Liverpool signing under Brendan Rodgers [Video]
ESPN Brazil reporter Ale Oliveira says Atletico Mineiro’s Bernard is going to join Arsenal
Ale Oliveira (ESPN Brasil reporter): "Bernard is going to join Arsenal." #AFC
— Seleção Brasileira (@BrazilStats) July 19, 2013
During a radio show overnight in Brazil, ESPN reporter Ale Oliveira is being quoted as saying that Atletico Mineiro’s Bernard is going to join Arsenal.
Just how iron-clad these reports are remains to be seen, and many are left doubting whether the Gunners are in fact set to land the Brazilian starlet this summer. The competition for Bernard is fierce.
Tottenham, Borussia Dortmund and Porto have all been linked to the signing of Bernard after the Atletico Mineiro playmaker told his teammates that he will be leaving Brazil after the club’s Copa Libertadores campaign finished.
At only 5″5 the 20-year-old Brazilian starlet, blessed with pace, creativity and an eye for goal. Bernard has been primarily used as a left winger at Atletico Mineiro.
Reports as to how much Bernard would cost vary, with figures from €12-20 million being banded about in various news outlets.
- Updated: July 19, 2013