Erm, doesn’t he play for Manchester United now? Juan Mata is still the face of Chelsea sponsors Delta’s in-flight ads
Someone at Delta’s marketing team didn’t get the Mata memo!
A US reddit user spotted the above picture on his Delta flight from Atlanta t0 Palm Beach, which features Chelsea’s Oscar, loanee Ryan Bertrand, and…Man United’s Juan Mata.
Having just recently left Chelsea for Man United in the January window, and having been an influential marketing figure for the club, it seems some sponsors are still clinging to Jonny Kills’ legacy.
Either that or they don’t watch football.
Actually, probably the latter.
- An explanation of how a draw for Chelsea v Porto will qualify the Blues in the Champions League
- Jose Mourinho talks about the return of Chelsea’s morale after the win in Tel Aviv (Video)
- Jose Mourinho and Diego Costa had a screaming match at half-time of their game against Maccabi Te...
- Jose Mourinho turned into a groundsman during Chelsea’s match at Maccabi Tel Aviv (Video)
- Juan Mata looks ahead to Man United’s ‘fantastic week’ in his new blog
- Juan Mata talks desert islands, tennis and future Man United stars in Q&A (Video)
- Juan Mata speaks about his best goal, underrated players and Eric Cantona in Q&A (Video)
- Man United’s Juan Mata takes part in a penalty challenge with YouTube star KSI (Video)
- PSV Eindhoven fans wish Luke Shaw well with banner for Man United game [Picture]
- Louis van Gaal discusses Anthony Martial’s likely participation v PSV (Video)
- Ryan Shawcross talks about squabble with Robin van Persie and his time at Man United (Video)
- Sir Alex Ferguson is on a mission to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Man United [Marca]