- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Erik Lamela’s younger brother Tweets that the Roma star is heading to Tottenham
Another morning, another top transfer appears closer than ever to joining Tottenham Hotspur.
On Wednesday afternoon, reports from Sky Italia claimed that Tottenham had all-but wrapped up a deal with Roma for the transfer of Argentine attacker Erik Lamela.
Sky Italia said that only final signatures are missing on the paperwork before the Lamela deal is rubber-stamped, with Spurs reported as having agreed a 35 million euro deal for the 21-year-old South American talent.
Moreover, Lamela is said to have agreed a six-seasons deal to stay at White Hart Lane, while the player is to receive a tidy salary of 2.4 million euros per year.
Tottenham fans have now received another indication overnight that the deal is just minutes away from being processed, as Erik’s brother Brian Lamela responded to a question on Twitter to reveal that his sibling will be heading to Andre Villas-Boas’ North London club.
Brian Lamela responded to a question uncovering which Premier League football club his brother is most likely to be joining, and his response was one worded: Tottenham.
A copy of the Tweets can be read below, together with a video of all of Erik Lamela’s 8 goals scored for Roma last season.
— Brian Lamela (@brianlamela) August 22, 2013
- Updated: August 22, 2013