- Liverpool target Xherdan Shaqiri allowed to leave Bayern Munich in January for £10m [Blick]
- Enhanced Odds! Back runaway Bundesliga leaders Bayern Munich to beat Mainz at 11/4!!!
- Classic! Man City’s James Milner incredibly boring interview responses from 2004
- Bournemouth 1 – Liverpool 3: Reds set up Chelsea semifinal as Sterling shines [Official highlights]
- Incredible Barcelona-esque tiki taka football produced by Thailand against Malaysia [Video]
Erik Lamela’s brilliant trickery to win Spurs penalty v Sheriff [GIFs]
Erik Lamela undoubtedly played his best game for Tottenham on Thursday night.
The Argentine appears to have been hampered in his arrival in English football so far due to a lack of any English, the kidnapping of his brother and the excellent form of Andros Townsend.
Lamela was a constant threat and appeared to have the confidence to try some tricks and skills to break down a dogged Sheriff side.
Two stats stand out from the 21-year-old’s performance: Lamela attempted 11 dribbles (the whole Spurs side tried 19) and was dispossessed precisely zero times.
Whilst Lamela’s goal took the headlines (along with Jermain Defoe breaking Martin Chivers’ European goal record for Tottenham) it was the former Roma forward’s trickery to win a penalty that stands out.
Two GIFs below show Lamela’s excellent footwork – Spurs fans will be salivating over the initial little ball roll.
Will AVB start Lamela on Sunday against Newcastle now?
- Updated: November 8, 2013