Erik Lamela’s brilliant trickery to win Spurs penalty v Sheriff [GIFs]
- November 8, 2013
Erik Lamela undoubtedly played his best game for Tottenham on Thursday night.
The Argentine appears to have been hampered in his arrival in English football so far due to a lack of any English, the kidnapping of his brother and the excellent form of Andros Townsend.
Lamela was a constant threat and appeared to have the confidence to try some tricks and skills to break down a dogged Sheriff side.
Two stats stand out from the 21-year-old’s performance: Lamela attempted 11 dribbles (the whole Spurs side tried 19) and was dispossessed precisely zero times.
Whilst Lamela’s goal took the headlines (along with Jermain Defoe breaking Martin Chivers’ European goal record for Tottenham) it was the former Roma forward’s trickery to win a penalty that stands out.
Two GIFs below show Lamela’s excellent footwork – Spurs fans will be salivating over the initial little ball roll.
Will AVB start Lamela on Sunday against Newcastle now?
- Inter Milan contact Tottenham about signing Eric Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Juventus set to move for Spurs attacker Erik Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Tottenham fans tear Erik Lamela to pieces after Stoke claim a 2-2 draw at White Hart La...
- Tottenham’s Erik Lamela quickly deletes tweet confirming Roberto Soldado exit (Sc...
- Porto “very close” to completing loan deal for Tottenham’s Erik Lamel...
- Erik Lamela posts picture of his father… who looks just like David Ginola
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...