Erik Lamela’s brilliant trickery to win Spurs penalty v Sheriff [GIFs]
- November 8, 2013
Erik Lamela undoubtedly played his best game for Tottenham on Thursday night.
The Argentine appears to have been hampered in his arrival in English football so far due to a lack of any English, the kidnapping of his brother and the excellent form of Andros Townsend.
Lamela was a constant threat and appeared to have the confidence to try some tricks and skills to break down a dogged Sheriff side.
Two stats stand out from the 21-year-old’s performance: Lamela attempted 11 dribbles (the whole Spurs side tried 19) and was dispossessed precisely zero times.
Whilst Lamela’s goal took the headlines (along with Jermain Defoe breaking Martin Chivers’ European goal record for Tottenham) it was the former Roma forward’s trickery to win a penalty that stands out.
Two GIFs below show Lamela’s excellent footwork – Spurs fans will be salivating over the initial little ball roll.
Will AVB start Lamela on Sunday against Newcastle now?
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...