Erik Lamela’s brilliant trickery to win Spurs penalty v Sheriff [GIFs]
- November 8, 2013
Erik Lamela undoubtedly played his best game for Tottenham on Thursday night.
The Argentine appears to have been hampered in his arrival in English football so far due to a lack of any English, the kidnapping of his brother and the excellent form of Andros Townsend.
Lamela was a constant threat and appeared to have the confidence to try some tricks and skills to break down a dogged Sheriff side.
Two stats stand out from the 21-year-old’s performance: Lamela attempted 11 dribbles (the whole Spurs side tried 19) and was dispossessed precisely zero times.
Whilst Lamela’s goal took the headlines (along with Jermain Defoe breaking Martin Chivers’ European goal record for Tottenham) it was the former Roma forward’s trickery to win a penalty that stands out.
Two GIFs below show Lamela’s excellent footwork – Spurs fans will be salivating over the initial little ball roll.
Will AVB start Lamela on Sunday against Newcastle now?
- Porto “very close” to completing loan deal for Tottenham’s Erik Lamel...
- Erik Lamela posts picture of his father… who looks just like David Ginola
- Gamer perfectly recreates Erik Lamela’s rabona golazo for Spurs on FIFA 15 [Video]
- Erik Lamela almost scores outrageous rabona lob in friendly vs Sydney [Video]
- Harry Kane & Erik Lamela celebrate Spurs win at Everton on Instagram
- Juventus are ‘very interested’ in signing Tottenham’s Erik Lamela [Di...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi