- Tottenham stars Eriksen & Dier take on Townsend & Bentaleb in FIFA 15 tournament [Video]
- Spoof! Arsenal fans produce a ‘say thanks’ Facebook video for Arsene Wenger [talkSPORT]
- Injured Arsenal star Mesut Ozil wishes Danny Welbeck Happy Birthday & a CL win [Screenshot]
- Don’t try & shoot! Dom Telford scores from 30 yards for Blackpool youth v Shrewsbury Town
- Kyle Walker takes part in spectacular Spurs rondo game; Harry Kane messes up [Video]
Erik Lamela will not be allowed to leave on loan, Spurs would sell for €25m [Sky Italia]
Reliable Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio was all over the Tottenham deal to sign Erik Lamela last summer.
And it is no surprise that all the rumours surrounding the Argentine have emerged from Italy, where Lamela was so impressive before signing for Spurs.
It should also be noted that today’s transfer rumours include Roberto Soldado to Atletico Madrid and Lamela leaving White Hart Lane – there will be plenty of speculation regarding Tottenham’s two most expensive signings, and biggest flops, of all time.
Di Marzio reports that Lamela has been spending a lot of time in Italy of late, in Perugia with his girlfriend and also returning to Roma for medical advice.
Lamela misses Italy, but Tottenham will not loan him out to any of the interested Serie A clubs, which include Napoli, Inter Milan, Roma and Juventus.
Tottenham are waiting for offers of around 20-25 million euros but do not discount the idea that Mauricio Pochettino will come to rely on Lamela next season.
After all, there are many suggestions in the English press that Pochettino has been brought in to get the best out of his fellow Argentine.
- Updated: May 29, 2014