Erik Lamela will not be allowed to leave on loan, Spurs would sell for €25m [Sky Italia]
- May 29, 2014
Reliable Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio was all over the Tottenham deal to sign Erik Lamela last summer.
And it is no surprise that all the rumours surrounding the Argentine have emerged from Italy, where Lamela was so impressive before signing for Spurs.
It should also be noted that today’s transfer rumours include Roberto Soldado to Atletico Madrid and Lamela leaving White Hart Lane – there will be plenty of speculation regarding Tottenham’s two most expensive signings, and biggest flops, of all time.
Di Marzio reports that Lamela has been spending a lot of time in Italy of late, in Perugia with his girlfriend and also returning to Roma for medical advice.
Lamela misses Italy, but Tottenham will not loan him out to any of the interested Serie A clubs, which include Napoli, Inter Milan, Roma and Juventus.
Tottenham are waiting for offers of around 20-25 million euros but do not discount the idea that Mauricio Pochettino will come to rely on Lamela next season.
After all, there are many suggestions in the English press that Pochettino has been brought in to get the best out of his fellow Argentine.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]