- Arsenal stars Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere et al thank followers after reaching 5 million milestone
- Atletico Madrid’s equaliser at Bilbao, scored by Griezmann, was a quality team goal!
- Man United superfan Andy Tate stars in hilarious new BT Sport advert [Video]
- Had Arsenal not dropped 11 points from winning positions…
- The best goals from Spain in 2014 ft. Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, James Rodriguez & more [Video]
Eric Abidal leaves Monaco for Olympiacos because of their behaviour towards ex-Barca man Victor Valdes
Eric Abidal’s status as one of the true walking legends of the modern game was taken up a notch on Saturday, as the French defender walked out on Monaco to join Olympiacos because of principle.
Last week news filtered out of Monaco that their deal to sign Victor Valdes had been shelved due to the keeper’s ongoing injury issues. In short, the Principality got cold feet after an extremely long time of talking to the player and getting the deal in place.
Valdes, who is currently recuperating from a cruciate ligament tear, had already said goodbye to Barcelona and said his farewells to colleagues and fans of the Catalan club thinking the deal was going to happen.
Angry at the way his former Barcelona friend was treated by Monaco, Eric Abidal has now left the Ligue 1 club.
Abidal, who just last week signed a contract extension, has forced a move to Greek club Olympiacos for the way Monaco treated Valdes.
The 34-year-old made made 29 appearances for Monaco last season, as left back continues his career after beating a cancerous liver tumour in 2011 and having had a liver transplant the following year.
- Updated: July 5, 2014