- Van Gaal’s very Van Gaal response to being asked about Manchester United’s January transfer policy [Vine]
- Arsene Wenger: ‘It was Santi Cazorla’s turn to take penalty, Alexis Sanchez accepted it’ [Video]
- Keith Millen: ‘I am ready to take over as full time Crystal Palace boss, players respect me’ [Video]
- QPR boss Harry Redknapp: ‘We need a striker, but I don’t think we’re gonna find a good one!’
- Joey Barton has a rant at QPR ‘consumers’ after booing v Crystal Palace
Epic! Zlatan Ibrahimovic denies speaking to The Mirror & calls tabloid “a joke!”
I have not talked to any UK journalist or anybody at The Mirror, not the first time this happens.The Mirror is a joke!http://t.co/YpO9tSMMTa
— Zlatan Ibrahimović (@Ibra_official) February 23, 2014
Fresh from scoring a hat-trick for PSG against Toulouse on Sunday, Zlatan Ibrahimovic took aim at The Sunday Mirror that had made up quotes from the super Swedish striker.
Quite why they needed to make up Zlatan Ibrahimovic quotes is beyond us, the former AC Milan and Barcelona striker is full of them!
In an article titled: “Zlatan Ibrahimovic: I’d have DESTROYED Premier League defences if I’d moved to England,” journalist Dave Kidd made up the following quotes from the super Swede:
“England is a very strong league, with three or four of the best teams in Europe – but, if I had played there, I would have destroyed it, like I have everywhere else.
“Arsenal could have happened, as everybody knows – but I would not do a trial. Who do you think regrets that more, Arsene Wenger or Zlatan?”
“The last time I faced England, which is supposed to be the best players in the Premier League, what happened?
“Maybe people need to be reminded that it was the Zlatan show.”
The beauty of Zlatan Ibrahimovic is you don’t have to make up quotes!!!
Tabloid journalism in the UK hits a new low!!!
- Updated: February 23, 2014