Epic FAIL: Wadi Degla keeper Amir Tawfik can’t catch a ball v Haras El Hodood
- February 5, 2013
We know there hasn’t been football in Egypt for a while, but there was no excuse for Amir Tawfik’s screw up on Monday night.
Football was been suspended in Egypt for a year following the Port Said tragedy of 2012, but this week saw the resumption of the Egyptian Premier League with round one of the new season.
As part of the first round of matches Haras El Hodood travelled to Wadi Degla on Monday to collect a 2-1 away win, however the decisive goal of the game was the sole fault of home keeper Amir Tawfik.
Tawfik, a 27-year-old keeper with plenty of experience, showed the ability of an untrained rookie as he completely misjudged the flight of a simple punt into his box in the 58th minute.
That resulted in Haras’ Mohamed Halim scoring what must surely be the most ridiculous goal of his career.
Tawfik’s jersey-eating reaction to the goal highlighted the keeper’s embarrassment after the error.
Watch the epic FAIL of Wadi Degla keeper Amir Tawfik below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”292774″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi