- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Epic FAIL Twitter Bantz! Bolton take a hammering for running their mouth off before the 7-1 Reading defeat [Pictures]
— Reading FC (@ReadingFC) January 18, 2014
Whoever runs Bolton Wanderers Twitter account may be in need of a new job.
One of the standout results in England on Saturday was Reading’s 7-1 hammering of Bolton in the Championship.
The Royals had the three points sown up inside 33 minutes courtesy of a hat-trick from Adam Le Fondre, while further strikes from Pavel Pogrebnyak, Kaspars Gorkss, Hope Akpan and Nick Blackman were added before David Ngog got a late consolation for Bolton.
Unfortunately for the Trotters, their club was made too look even more foolish than usual after their 7-1 demolition as eagle-eyed viewers on Twitter were quick to recall banter with Reading’s official Twitter channel before the game.
Below are a series of tweets recalling Bolton’s epic FAIL Twitter bantz! with Reading, together with some other comedy pictures from the match.
Scenes in the Bolton end at 7-1… pic.twitter.com/IWDUfqdYqv
— Football Away Days (@FBAwayDays) January 18, 2014
- Updated: January 18, 2014