England’s Steven Gerrard urges media not to put too much pressure on Ross Barkley [Video]
- June 6, 2014
England midfielder Steven Gerrard has urged the media and public not to put too much pressure on young players like Ross Barkley.
Barkley received a World Cup call-up on the back of a brilliant breakthrough season at Everton but Gerrard has stressed that people shouldn’t get too carried away.
The Liverpool captain said: “I think it’s important that we don’t put too much pressure on the young lads. We have to be there for Ross at this time, while he’s just bursting on the scene.”
He added: “With Roy (Hodgson) and Roberto Martinez we know he’s going to be a terrific player but it is important that we don’t get too carried away.”
- Harry Kane plays down goal drought, rooting for Wayne Rooney to break England record (V...
- Incredible International Offers: Enhanced odds on Wales (5/1), Germany (5/1) & Eng...
- Jonjo Shelvey calls Wayne Rooney the ‘best English player in England’ (Video)
- Swansea’s Jonjo Shelvey named in England Squad
- “Eternal friend”: Diego Maradona posts about re-uniting with England-Argent...
- Leaked: England’s 2015-16 blue on blue away kit is ugly [Pictures]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...