England’s Steven Gerrard urges media not to put too much pressure on Ross Barkley [Video]
- June 6, 2014
England midfielder Steven Gerrard has urged the media and public not to put too much pressure on young players like Ross Barkley.
Barkley received a World Cup call-up on the back of a brilliant breakthrough season at Everton but Gerrard has stressed that people shouldn’t get too carried away.
The Liverpool captain said: “I think it’s important that we don’t put too much pressure on the young lads. We have to be there for Ross at this time, while he’s just bursting on the scene.”
He added: “With Roy (Hodgson) and Roberto Martinez we know he’s going to be a terrific player but it is important that we don’t get too carried away.”
- England get Scotland in 2018 World Cup Qualifying, here’s all the groups
- Man City’s Natasha Flint (18) scores 50 yard wondergoal for England U19s [Video]
- England’s official Twitter account bashed after publishing & deleting sexist...
- Laura Bassett on England grabbing 3rd place with win over Germany [video]
- England’s Steph Houghton made an amazing overhead-kick goalline clearance v Germa...
- Laura Bassett reflects on her semi-final own goal for Japan v England [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi