England’s Steven Gerrard urges media not to put too much pressure on Ross Barkley [Video]
- June 6, 2014
England midfielder Steven Gerrard has urged the media and public not to put too much pressure on young players like Ross Barkley.
Barkley received a World Cup call-up on the back of a brilliant breakthrough season at Everton but Gerrard has stressed that people shouldn’t get too carried away.
The Liverpool captain said: “I think it’s important that we don’t put too much pressure on the young lads. We have to be there for Ross at this time, while he’s just bursting on the scene.”
He added: “With Roy (Hodgson) and Roberto Martinez we know he’s going to be a terrific player but it is important that we don’t get too carried away.”
- Man United target Niall Ennis (16) scores outrageous backheel for England U17 against Germany U17...
- England 2 – France 0: Dele Alli’s golazo on debut, Wayne Rooney’s sweet volley ...
- See how Tottenham’s Dele Alli injured Man United’s Anthony Martial last night (Video)
- Dele Alli & Wayne Rooney on England 2 – France 0 (Video)
- Roberto Martinez and Everton players star in hammy half season ticket advert (Video)
- Everton & Liverpool players named in European team of the week [Gazzetta]
- BBC’s team of the week has Jamie Vardy & Harry Kane up front, Liverpool & Man Uni...
- Callum Connolly scores superb goal for Everton U21s v Porto (Video)
- Jurgen Klopp joked about boss tha in pre Liverpool v Bordeaux presser (Video)
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists Daniel Sturridge is ‘closer’ to return (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- 442oons: Jurgen Klopp goes heavy metal after Man City 1-4 Liverpool (video)