- Puskas award contender: Lee Beattie (Prestatyn) scissor kick golazo from outside the box [Video]
- Aston Villa release YouTube video of their fans’ celebrations after Liverpool win
- Harry Kane hits 30 goals for Spurs with late strike at Newcastle [All the stats]
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers bemoans lack of energy & admits Aston Villa were better [Video]
- Tim Sherwood hails Christian Benteke’s goal ratio after Aston Villa knock out Liverpool [Video]
England starlet Andros Townsend agrees a new contract at Spurs; Almost tripling wages [Daily Mail]
- October 13, 2013
Andros Townsend is the talk of the town after putting in a Man of the Match performance on his England debut on Friday night.
The Tottenham winger has managed to break into the Spurs XI after a successful loan spell last season at QPR.
Tomorrow’s Daily Mail are reporting an exclusive.
They report Andros Townsend has agreed a new contract at White Hart Lane in which he’ll almost treble his wages to £15,000 a week.
If the new fans favourite can keep on performing at a high level, he’ll surely be tripling his wages again soon.
The Mail also report how Townsend was close to leaving for only £500,000 in 2011 but decided to stay, in a Gareth Bale esque almost mistake sale situation.