Roy Hodgson calls Luis Suarez’s 2nd Uruguay strike v England a ‘freak goal’ [Video]
- June 22, 2014
England manager Roy Hodgson looks to be relatively safe in his job despite England’s World Cup failure – largely, it must be said, thanks to his expert tempering of expectations.
Even still, he’s found himself having to defend himself and contextualize the happenings of the World Cup.
Trying to put things into perspective, Hodgson says England were headed for a positive result and probably high praise, until Suarez struck with a ‘freak goal’.
Freak? It didn’t exactly come off his backside did it?
Perhaps Roy would be better questioning his defenders’ positioning and poor anticipation rather than attributing it to a random freak occurrence.
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard unveiled at LA Galaxy during HT of Toronto rout [video]
- Internacional have sold Brazilian midfielder Allan to Liverpool for £500,000 [UOL Esporte]
- All 13 Steven Gerrard goals during final season for Liverpool [video]
- Brendan Rodgers wants Barça’s Pedro to replace Raheem Sterling at Liverpool [SPORT]
- NBA star Lebron James backs Jordan Henderson’s FIFA 16 cover campaign on Facebook
- Bobby Adekanye confirms he has signed for Liverpool from Barcelona on Instagram
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi