Roy Hodgson calls Luis Suarez’s 2nd Uruguay strike v England a ‘freak goal’ [Video]
England manager Roy Hodgson looks to be relatively safe in his job despite England’s World Cup failure – largely, it must be said, thanks to his expert tempering of expectations.
Even still, he’s found himself having to defend himself and contextualize the happenings of the World Cup.
Trying to put things into perspective, Hodgson says England were headed for a positive result and probably high praise, until Suarez struck with a ‘freak goal’.
Freak? It didn’t exactly come off his backside did it?
Perhaps Roy would be better questioning his defenders’ positioning and poor anticipation rather than attributing it to a random freak occurrence.
Watch Live Stream
- Mario Balotelli’s Liverpool contract included a barely believable performance-related bonusDecember 4, 2016
- Darren Farley impersonates Jamie Carragher post-Bournemouth defeat (Video)December 4, 2016
- John Terry celebrates Nathan Ake winner, Jordon Ibe has mixed emotions over Bournemouth 4 – Liverpool 3December 4, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp and Jordon Ibe reignite their bromance during post match celebrationsDecember 4, 2016
- Steven Gerrard reveals how Luis Suarez hooked him up for El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- Luis Suarez’s goal for Barcelona v Real Madrid shouldn’t have been allowedDecember 3, 2016
- Ex Liverpool striker Luis Suarez pens long and emotional Steven Gerrard tributeNovember 24, 2016
- Uruguayans claim Luis Suarez didn’t swear at Chile fans, but he did troll themNovember 17, 2016
- Roberto Carlos quote about Roy Hodgson resurfaces after England’s Euro 2016 debacleJune 29, 2016
- Disgraced England boss Roy Hodgson had a car crash final press conference [Video & Tweets]June 28, 2016
- Roy Hodgson’s England resignation letter draws heavy criticism [Tweets]June 28, 2016
- England boss Roy Hodgson resigns – three days before his contract expires (Video)June 27, 2016