Emporium wine bar eyewitness claims David Moyes scuffle was ‘blown out of proportion’ [Clitheroe Times]
- May 22, 2014
An eyewitness to the scuffle that former Man United manager David Moyes became involved in last night has told the Clitheroe Times (the locale where it took place) that it’s been ”blown out of proportion”.
The 26-year old man was at the Emporium Wine Bar and claims to have seen the whole thing for himself, scoffing the suggestion that a bottle was smashed over somebody’s head, as has been reported.
He told the Clitheroe Times: “I was in the Emporium having a drink with a friend when we noticed David Moyes in the next lounge with three other men.
“They’d been there for a couple of hours having a drink and seemed to be enjoying themselves.
“Around 10pm one of the men went outside, perhaps for a cigarette, when he became involved in a heated argument. A table was knocked over, but that was about as serious as it got.
“David Moyes and the others went outside to see what was happening and the police arrived incredibly quickly.
“The group involved in the scuffle seemed to be in their 20s. I don’t know what was said, but it obviously caused some offence.”
- Ex Man United boss David Moyes believes Pedro will need time to become a star at Chelse...
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...