Emmanuel Rivière’s 1st interview as a Newcastle United player
- July 17, 2014
Newcastle completed their fifth summer signing and optimism is high on Tyneside.
It will come as no surprise that Alan Pardew bagged another Frenchman but Emmanuel Rivière speaks good English and seems delighted to be at Newcastle, if the interview above is anything to go by.
The 24-year-old had his best goal scoring season in Ligue 1 during 2013/2014, scoring 10 goals at Monaco in 30 appearances.
Rivière describes himself as a “fast and strong” striker who should be able to impress in the Premier League, if the likes of Siem de Jong and Remy Cabella can provide the ammunition.
There is also talk of how Rivière played alongside Moussa Sissoko at Toulouse, which should also help his introduction to life at Newcastle.
Exciting times for the Toon.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]