Emmanuel Eboue attacked by Besiktas fans for second time this season
- April 17, 2012
The footage is remarkably similar and it doesn’t shed much positive light on Turkish football.
In November, former Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue was the victim of a number of objects being thrown from the crowd. With the Ivorian hit by a water bottle and a host of other projectiles including lighters.
On Monday night, Galatasaray travelled to play Besiktas in another big match as part of the Championship play-offs in the Super Lig. Eboue was once again the target of the Besiktas fans and again received abuse and projectiles when taking a throw on the touchline.
This time however, it got a little more worrying, as a Besiktas fan ran on to the pitch to get close to Eboue and his Galatasaray team mates were forced to stop the invader.
It has been difficult to pinpoint exactly why Besiktas fans are so angry with Eboue, with suggestions that the former Arsenal full back is a “drama queen,” took too long with his throw-ins and even more sinister claims of racism.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]