Emmanuel Eboue attacked by Besiktas fans for second time this season
- April 17, 2012
The footage is remarkably similar and it doesn’t shed much positive light on Turkish football.
In November, former Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue was the victim of a number of objects being thrown from the crowd. With the Ivorian hit by a water bottle and a host of other projectiles including lighters.
On Monday night, Galatasaray travelled to play Besiktas in another big match as part of the Championship play-offs in the Super Lig. Eboue was once again the target of the Besiktas fans and again received abuse and projectiles when taking a throw on the touchline.
This time however, it got a little more worrying, as a Besiktas fan ran on to the pitch to get close to Eboue and his Galatasaray team mates were forced to stop the invader.
It has been difficult to pinpoint exactly why Besiktas fans are so angry with Eboue, with suggestions that the former Arsenal full back is a “drama queen,” took too long with his throw-ins and even more sinister claims of racism.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...