- Arsene Wenger & the Arsenal squad read “A Visit from St. Nicholas”
- Best Photoshops! Spurs fans are getting VERY excited about Harry Kane!
- Robbie Rogers tells BBC 5 Live that “I want to be openly gay at Qatar 2022″ [Video]
- Jeff Stelling breaks microphone celebrating Hartlepool goal on Soccer Saturday!
- Man United’s Radamel Falcao tore up the turf after his knee slide v Aston Villa [Pictures]
Emile Heskey (Newcastle Jets) starts life in the A-League by knocking out Adelaide United’s keeper
After all the hype and razzmatazz which fans have been force-fed in the past few weeks, it was a bad opening weekend for Australia’s A-League with regard to the two summer marquee signings brought into the division.
On Saturday Alessandro Del Piero failed to hit any high notes as his Sydney FC side slumped to a 2-nil away defeat at the Wellington Phoenix. (Watch Del Piero’s match highlights here.)
On Sunday it was the turn of Emile Heskey to make his bow Down Under, however the ex-England international incurred a similar disappointing debut as his Newcastle Jets outfit succumbed to a 2-nil home defeat at the hands of Adelaide United.
Heskey failed to have much impact against Adelaide, with his standout moment being a terribly late foul on visiting keeper Eugene Galekovic.
Like a juggernaut unable to slow himself down due to his rusty brakes, Emile Heskey mowed down goalie Galekovic in the first half when the former Leicester, Liverpool and Villa striker was far too off the pace to meet a right wing cross. Heskey was nowhere near the ball, but he body-checked his opponent at full pace.
Watch Emile Heskey knock out Adelaide United’s keeper below. (Apologies for the video quality.)
- Updated: October 7, 2012