Emile Heskey (Newcastle Jets) starts life in the A-League by knocking out Adelaide United’s keeper
- October 7, 2012
After all the hype and razzmatazz which fans have been force-fed in the past few weeks, it was a bad opening weekend for Australia’s A-League with regard to the two summer marquee signings brought into the division.
On Saturday Alessandro Del Piero failed to hit any high notes as his Sydney FC side slumped to a 2-nil away defeat at the Wellington Phoenix. (Watch Del Piero’s match highlights here.)
On Sunday it was the turn of Emile Heskey to make his bow Down Under, however the ex-England international incurred a similar disappointing debut as his Newcastle Jets outfit succumbed to a 2-nil home defeat at the hands of Adelaide United.
Heskey failed to have much impact against Adelaide, with his standout moment being a terribly late foul on visiting keeper Eugene Galekovic.
Like a juggernaut unable to slow himself down due to his rusty brakes, Emile Heskey mowed down goalie Galekovic in the first half when the former Leicester, Liverpool and Villa striker was far too off the pace to meet a right wing cross. Heskey was nowhere near the ball, but he body-checked his opponent at full pace.
Watch Emile Heskey knock out Adelaide United’s keeper below. (Apologies for the video quality.)
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”241880″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...