“El Rory Delap del Sporting” – Luis Hernandez hailed as the new long throw master
- December 12, 2012
Spain gave the world Tiki-Taka. English football on the other hand appears to be exporting the long throw. Oh dear.
Marca headline an article on Sporting Gijon defender Luis Hernandez today with the suggestion that he is the Rory Delap of the Spanish second division after setting up a late equaliser on Sunday with a lengthy throw-in.
Sporting Gijon were facing a 1-0 defeat at Cordoba and were down to 9 men with seven minutes remaining when Luis Hernandez launched a long throw into the box that Stoke boss Tony Pulis would have been proud of.
Hernandez, formerly of Real Madrid, and just 23-years-old, set up the goal scored by Canella and is now being hailed as Spain’s version of Rory Delap.
How long until Luis Hernandez is linked with Stoke?!
Luis Hernandez’s long throw assist for Sporting Gijon at Cordoba can be seen on the video below.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...