“El Rory Delap del Sporting” – Luis Hernandez hailed as the new long throw master
- December 12, 2012
Spain gave the world Tiki-Taka. English football on the other hand appears to be exporting the long throw. Oh dear.
Marca headline an article on Sporting Gijon defender Luis Hernandez today with the suggestion that he is the Rory Delap of the Spanish second division after setting up a late equaliser on Sunday with a lengthy throw-in.
Sporting Gijon were facing a 1-0 defeat at Cordoba and were down to 9 men with seven minutes remaining when Luis Hernandez launched a long throw into the box that Stoke boss Tony Pulis would have been proud of.
Hernandez, formerly of Real Madrid, and just 23-years-old, set up the goal scored by Canella and is now being hailed as Spain’s version of Rory Delap.
How long until Luis Hernandez is linked with Stoke?!
Luis Hernandez’s long throw assist for Sporting Gijon at Cordoba can be seen on the video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi