“El Rory Delap del Sporting” – Luis Hernandez hailed as the new long throw master
- December 12, 2012
Spain gave the world Tiki-Taka. English football on the other hand appears to be exporting the long throw. Oh dear.
Marca headline an article on Sporting Gijon defender Luis Hernandez today with the suggestion that he is the Rory Delap of the Spanish second division after setting up a late equaliser on Sunday with a lengthy throw-in.
Sporting Gijon were facing a 1-0 defeat at Cordoba and were down to 9 men with seven minutes remaining when Luis Hernandez launched a long throw into the box that Stoke boss Tony Pulis would have been proud of.
Hernandez, formerly of Real Madrid, and just 23-years-old, set up the goal scored by Canella and is now being hailed as Spain’s version of Rory Delap.
How long until Luis Hernandez is linked with Stoke?!
Luis Hernandez’s long throw assist for Sporting Gijon at Cordoba can be seen on the video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...