- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
- David De Gea has turned down Real Madrid, set to sign new 5-year Man United contract [Express]
- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres could move to Atletico Madrid on loan in January [Chiringuito]
- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
El Pais: Juventus sign Fernando Llorente for free, will join on July 1, 2013
Spanish newspaper El Pais report today that Juventus have signed Fernando Llorente on a free transfer, with the Italian club expected to make an announcement in the next 24 hours.
The Old Lady announced they were in negotiations with Llorente at the beginning of January with the Spanish striker out of contract at the end of the season.
Llorente has signed a four-year deal with the Serie A leaders and will earn 4.5 million euros a season. Juventus also reserve the right to extend the deal into a fifth campaign.
It looks like being a good few days for Juventus with Gianluigi Buffon also signing a new three-year contract with the club.
Footage of Fernando Llorente in action – an absolute steal on a free transfer – can be seen on the video below.
- Updated: January 23, 2013