El Mundo Deportivo: Manchester City offer “blank cheque” to secure Neymar
- February 7, 2013
After an underwhelming performance for Brazil in their Wembley defeat to England on Wednesday night, the El Mundo Deportivo lead story today may come as some surprise to those who don’t see the Santos starlet on a regular basis.
El Mundo Deportivo report that Manchester City director of football Txiki Begiristain met with super agent Pini Zahavi and former Barcelona president Joan Laporta on Tuesday evening to discuss how the Premier League champions can secure the signing of Neymar.
Manchester City are understood to have made Neymar their number one target despite constant rumours that Barcelona have already signed the Brazil forward.
Begiristain is hopeful that Zahavi (pictured with Neymar above), one of the most influential agents in the game, can play a part in bringing the Santos trickster to the Etihad.
In December, Manchester City sent Begiristain to Brazil in an attempt to sign Neymar amid reports that Barcelona have already paid an advance of 10 million euros to Santos and agreed a 40 million euro fee to sign the world’s foremost young talent.
So, the fact Joan Laporta was at the dinner suggests Manchester City are perhaps planning to gazump Barcelona’s move for Neymar.
Neymar’s poor miss v England is on the video below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...