El Mundo Deportivo: Barcelona’s 1st summer signing will be Liverpool’s Pepe Reina
- May 7, 2013
Victor Valdes out, Pepe Reina in. Apparently.
Spanish daily El Mundo Deportivo have splashed the front page of their Tuesday tabloid claiming that Barcelona’s first signing this summer may be Liverpool’s stopper Reina.
According to El Mundo Deportivo, after considering moves for Manchester United’s David De Gea and Valencia’s Vicente Guaita, the Catalans have earmarked the Anfield goalie as their prime target between the sticks. A fee of 10 million euros is suggested to secure Reina’s transfer back to his homeland.
El Mundo Deportivo have been peddling this transfer for a while now, as the paper has previously claimed that Reina has an agreement in place to sign for Barcelona in the summer.
Aside from Reina, El Mundo also believes that Roma centre-back Marquinhos is also on Barcelona’s transfer radar.
A copy of El Mundo Deportivo’s front page on Tuesday can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...