El Mundo Deportivo: Arsenal are desperate to sign David Villa
- January 13, 2013
Catalan newspaper El Mundo Deportivo report today that Arsenal are desperate to sign David Villa from Barcelona but will likely have to wait until the summer to bag the Spanish striker.
Villa has been linked with Arsenal throughout the January 2013 transfer window so far, but seems set to stay at the Nou Camp until the end of the season.
El Mundo Deportivo claim this morning that Arsene Wenger has doubts over a deal in January due to the price it would cost to sign Villa, compared to just six months time.
Wenger believes paying 15 million euros now for a 31-year-old would be a mistake if the Barcelona striker can be signed by Arsenal next summer for between 8-10 million euros.
Villa has just one full season left on his Barcelona contract and is likely to be more open to a move to Arsenal at the end of 2012/2013.
The Spanish striker is keen to stay at the La Liga leaders for the rest of the campaign but could be more eager to a move in the summer transfer window in a bid to ensure he keeps his place in Vicente del Bosque’s squad for the 2014 World Cup.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, according to El Mundo Deportivo, may have reservations over Villa’s age and the serious injury he endured last season, but is desperate to bring him to the Emirates for his natural goal scoring ability.
It looks like Arsenal fans may have to be patient to see David Villa playing in a red and white shirt in north London.
Video of David Villa in action can be seen below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]