El Confidencial: Real Madrid are lining up a €45 million bid for Tottenham’s Gareth Bale
- February 11, 2013
Gareth Bale’s red-hot form has not gone unnoticed in Spain if newspaper El Confidencial is to be believed.
The Spanish outlet are today reporting that Real Madrid have begun negotiations for a €45 million bid for Tottenham’s Gareth Bale.
El Confidencial make some bold comments in their piece.
According to the article, Bale has made it clear that he wants to move to the Santiago Bernabeu. Moreover, El Confidencial claim that Bale’s agent, Jonathan Barrett, has already held several meetings with Real officials about a transfer.
So is this just guff? Probably, but it’s hard to tell. El Confidencial, like most tabloids, are light of evidence to support their transfer rumour save for the article which they’ve put into the public domain.
Bale is under contract at White Hart Lane until 2016, and whilst it’s easy to believe that Real Madrid would love to have the Welshman on their books, any deal with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy seems a long way off from being concluded.
A GIF of Gareth Bale’s winner against Newcastle last weekend can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...