Eintracht Frankfurt claimed a shock 2-2 draw at Porto thanks to a comedy own goal from Alex Sandro [Vine]
One of the shocks of the night in the Europa League on Thursday was Eintracht Frankfurt’s 2-2 draw at FC Porto.
Porto, the former Champions League winners, are one of the toughest teams to face in European football, however Eintracht defied the odds in Lisbon to rally from two goals down to draw 2-2.
Porto took a two-goal lead through Ricardo Quaresma (golazo) and Silvestre Varela, but the Germans halved the deficiit midway through the second half when Joselu hit the target with a well-struck drive in the 72nd minute.
Then, five minutes later, Frankfurt tie the match as Tranquillo Barnetta’s corner caused mayhem in the Porto box, and home defender Alex Sandro ended up sticking the ball over the line with a comical own goal off the crossbar.
Watch Alex Sandro’s own goal for Porto below.
- Shocking: Fan footage of the Leeds United and Eintracht Frankfurt fans fighting [Videos]
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Leeds: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Golazo: Robert Lewandowski’s Chapeu-Thunderbastard volley for Bayern v Frankfurt ...
- Bayern’s Robert Lewandowski scored a solo volley golazo v Eintracht Frankfurt [Of...
- Iker Casillas gives a Porto fan his boots, young lad cries uncontrollably (Video)
- Porto are on an amazing winning streak at home in all competitions (Graphic)
- Deco reveals brilliant story behind his 2004 move from Porto to Barcelona (Abola)
- Chelsea’s U19s threw away a 3-goal lead to draw with Porto in the UEFA Youth Leag...