Eintracht Frankfurt claimed a shock 2-2 draw at Porto thanks to a comedy own goal from Alex Sandro [Vine]
- February 21, 2014
One of the shocks of the night in the Europa League on Thursday was Eintracht Frankfurt’s 2-2 draw at FC Porto.
Porto, the former Champions League winners, are one of the toughest teams to face in European football, however Eintracht defied the odds in Lisbon to rally from two goals down to draw 2-2.
Porto took a two-goal lead through Ricardo Quaresma (golazo) and Silvestre Varela, but the Germans halved the deficiit midway through the second half when Joselu hit the target with a well-struck drive in the 72nd minute.
Then, five minutes later, Frankfurt tie the match as Tranquillo Barnetta’s corner caused mayhem in the Porto box, and home defender Alex Sandro ended up sticking the ball over the line with a comical own goal off the crossbar.
Watch Alex Sandro’s own goal for Porto below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]