- Barcelona defender Thomas Vermaelen injured AGAIN with fresh hamstring problem [Mundo Deportivo]
- David Baddiel on Chelsea 2 – West Brom 0: Diego Costa is AMAZING
- Matthew Etherington tells the “Naked Tony Pulis” story
- Confirmed: Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus out until January with ankle ligament rupture
- The best jokes ripping into Joe Allen’s stupid head bandage for Liverpool v Palace [Pictures]
Eintracht Frankfurt claimed a shock 2-2 draw at Porto thanks to a comedy own goal from Alex Sandro [Vine]
One of the shocks of the night in the Europa League on Thursday was Eintracht Frankfurt’s 2-2 draw at FC Porto.
Porto, the former Champions League winners, are one of the toughest teams to face in European football, however Eintracht defied the odds in Lisbon to rally from two goals down to draw 2-2.
Porto took a two-goal lead through Ricardo Quaresma (golazo) and Silvestre Varela, but the Germans halved the deficiit midway through the second half when Joselu hit the target with a well-struck drive in the 72nd minute.
Then, five minutes later, Frankfurt tie the match as Tranquillo Barnetta’s corner caused mayhem in the Porto box, and home defender Alex Sandro ended up sticking the ball over the line with a comical own goal off the crossbar.
Watch Alex Sandro’s own goal for Porto below.
- Updated: February 21, 2014