Egyptian legendary keeper Essam El Hadary has a rock thrown in his face in Sudan, goalie throws a tantrum
- September 18, 2013
Essam El Hadary, who is arguably Egypt’s best-ever goalkeeper, incurred an attention grabbing injury on Tuesday night in Sudan.
El Hadary, 40, who currently plies his trade for Sudanese side Al-Merreikh, was rushed to hospital on Tuesday during his team’s 1-0 win away at Alamal Atbara.
With his team leading with 20 minutes to go, El Hadary initially began flipping out when he clashed with an opposition striker from an Atbara set play.
The clash seemed to incense an Atbara fan in the crowd, and according to reports, a rock was thrown from the stands which hit the goalie in the head.
While it was difficult to see the missile on the TV footage, El Hadary’s reaction was all too clearly seen.
After taking the hit to the face, El Hadary acted out like a baby throwing a tantrum as he sat on his goalline, waggled his arms and legs in the air, before flipping on his front to continue his outburst. Then, after finding an object in his goal, El Hadary ran over to his bench where he again fell on the floor, before doctors gave him oxygen.
It was all rather insane.
Watch Essam El Hadary throw a tantrum after reportedly getting a rock thrown in his face below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...