- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Jefferson Montero scored an incredible hat-trick but Morelia still lost 3-4 to Toluca
- July 28, 2013
23-year-old Morelia attacker Jefferson Montero was badly let down by his teammates on Friday night in Mexico.
The Ecuadorian forward scored one of the great hat-tricks against Toluca, however his Morelia teammates couldn’t stop leaking goals at the other end meaning that the home team went down 4-3 in a thrilling match.
Montero’s goals gave Morelia the lead three times in the match before the home side capitulated by conceding two fateful goals in the final ten minutes.
Jefferson Montero got the hosts off to a perfect start with a wonderful shot from an acute angle inside 45 seconds of the contest. In the 41st minute Montero doubled his tally with an equally excellent goal as he lobbed the goalie from 25-yards having broken through the Toluca offside trap.
With 14 minutes remaining, and with the game locked at 2-2, Montero completed his hat-trick with an outstanding solo third. After picking up possession on the left side, the forward went on a jinking run into the box, absolutely humiliating one defender before beating two more and banging his hat-trick goal with a bullet into the far post.
Watch Jefferson Montero’s incredible hat-trick v Toluca below.