Eamon Dunphy labels Manchester United’s Marouane Fellaini (Belgium) as ‘technically an embarassment’ [Video]
- June 17, 2014
Marouane Fellaini came on as a late substitute for Belgium today and turned the game, his physical presence causing the Algerians all sorts of problems, with the Afro-haired Belgian heading home the equaliser with a throwback to his Everton days.
In the Irish RTE studio after the game, the Manchester United midfielder was the subject of a heated debate between pundits Eamon Dunphy and Kenny Cunningham, the former labelling him as ‘technically embarrassing’, the latter arguing that he’s ‘comfortable with the ball at his feet’.
Dunphy praised Fellaini’s physical style of game, but argued that it’s not conducive to Manchester United, while Cunningham argued that Fellaini can still prove an invaluable squad player to Louis van Gaal’s outfit.
It all got a bit heated between the boys in the studio – who’d have thought Fellaini’s skills could spark such needle?!
(Via Balls.ie )
- Benteke’s transfer fee to Liverpool dwarfs Eden Hazard’s cost, or what Man ...
- Thibaut Courtois praises Wales and Gareth Bale after Belgium’s defeat [Video]
- Wales v Belgium: The big match preview for the Euro 2016 qualifier [Video]
- Belgium paper Sportwereld had an eye-catching picture of Man United’s Marouane Fe...
- Outrageous Acca: Back Belgium, Italy & Holland to win at enormous 28/1 odds!!!
- Belgium release brilliant fan footage of game v France [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi