- The World Tour Continues! Martin Ødegaard visits Barça today, excited to meet his idol Messi [VG Sporten]
- Lambert: ‘Roy Keane did visit Tom Cleverley, but it was a civilized conversation’ [Video]
- Funny BT Sports Christmas Ad: Carollers sing foul-mouthed football chants! [Video]
- Man Utd’s Robin van Persie: ‘I had a bad game v Arsenal, criticism was justified’ [Video]
- Neil Warnock: ‘I’d love Ashley Cole, but he’s not gonna come to Palace, he’s lovin’ it in Italy’
Eamon Dunphy on Glen Whelan: “He can’t run. He can’t pass. He can’t tackle”
The RTE panel were almost certainly going to be withering in their assessment after Republic of Ireland’s 2-1 home defeat to Sweden on Friday night.
ROI face a mighty uphill struggle to qualify for Brazil 2014 and their hopes could well be extinguished when they travel to Austria this coming Tuesday.
Eamon Dunphy, famous for straight talking and telling it like it is, laid into Stoke midfielder Glen Whelan after the World Cup qualifier.
Arguing: “He can’t run. He can’t pass. He can’t tackle,” before justifying his claim by arguing that Whelan has two Ferrari’s…
It got worse for some of the Republic of Ireland squad, when Johnny Giles was asked whether Paul Green could perhaps be a suitable replacement for Whelan in the centre of Giovanni Trapattoni’s midfield…
- Updated: September 8, 2013