Eamon Dunphy on Glen Whelan: “He can’t run. He can’t pass. He can’t tackle”
The RTE panel were almost certainly going to be withering in their assessment after Republic of Ireland’s 2-1 home defeat to Sweden on Friday night.
ROI face a mighty uphill struggle to qualify for Brazil 2014 and their hopes could well be extinguished when they travel to Austria this coming Tuesday.
Eamon Dunphy, famous for straight talking and telling it like it is, laid into Stoke midfielder Glen Whelan after the World Cup qualifier.
Arguing: “He can’t run. He can’t pass. He can’t tackle,” before justifying his claim by arguing that Whelan has two Ferrari’s…
It got worse for some of the Republic of Ireland squad, when Johnny Giles was asked whether Paul Green could perhaps be a suitable replacement for Whelan in the centre of Giovanni Trapattoni’s midfield…
Watch Live Stream
- BBC pundits mock Arsenal legend Thierry Henry for famous handball v Rep. of Ireland (Video)June 26, 2016
- Antoine Griezmann’s MOTM display for France v Ireland (Official Video)June 26, 2016
- France star Dimitri Payet consoles his West Ham teammate after 2-1 defeat (Video)June 26, 2016
- France’s Antoine Griezmann hailed online after brilliant double v Republic of Ireland [Best Tweets]June 26, 2016
- Peter Crouch explains why he gave away his match ball after Stoke win (Video)August 24, 2016
- Joe Allen on the brutal way he learned about his move from Liverpool to Stoke [Telegraph]August 19, 2016
- Stoke v Man City: Premier League preview, line-ups and predictionsAugust 18, 2016
- Stoke fans will love Marko Arnautovic’s Instagram postJuly 27, 2016