Dynamo boss Dan Petrescu tells reporters that Lacina Traore (Anzhi) is going to Juventus
"Lacina Traore will join #Juventus this winter", Dan Petrescu just told us.
— Artur Petrosyan (@arturpetrosyan) September 10, 2013
— D.Simonov (@dmitriy_f1re) September 10, 2013
One of the biggest stories during the summer transfer window was the collapse and fire-sale of players from Russia club Anzhi Makhachkala.
Midway through the window Anzhi decided that their club was going in a new direction, and they quickly proceeded to sell off some of their highest earners including Samuel Eto’o and Willian to Chelsea.
Anzhi did retain some of their star players, however the word on the street is those assets will be cashed in on in January.
At midday on Tuesday, a couple of journalists quoted former Chelsea defender and current Dynamo Moscow manager Dan Petrescu, saying that Anzhi striker Lacina Traore is going to Juventus. Should the gossip prove true, it would be a great acquisition for the Bianconeri.
Traore currently earns €2.5m per year in Dagestan, and Anzhi are reported as wanting those wages off their cash-strapped books.
The 23-year-old Ivory Coast international stands 6ft 8inches and scored 18 goals for club and country last season. Before arriving at Anzhi Traore had played for Kuban Krasnodar, where he bagged 18 goals in 38 appearances.
Traore has so far scored one goal in three games for Anzhi this season.
Watch Live Stream
- Done Deal: Former Man United & Newcastle midfielder Gabriel Obertan moves to RussiaAugust 24, 2016
- Anzhi’s Bernard Berisha saves a pitch invader from being arrested (Video)August 1, 2016
- Anzhi Makhachkala footballer Gasan Magomedov (20) shot dead in his carJanuary 4, 2015
- Anzhi Makhachkala 0 – CSKA Moscow 3March 24, 2014
- Jack Sullivan reveals details of Simone Zaza’s move to West HamAugust 28, 2016
- Done Deal: West Ham sign Simone Zaza from Juventus [Di Marzio]August 27, 2016
- Done deal? Gazzetta say Juventus striker Simone Zaza is joining West HamAugust 25, 2016
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte blocking Juan Cuadrado’s loan back to Juventus [Di Marzio]August 24, 2016