Dutch star Rafael van der Vaart ruled out of the World Cup with a calf injury
After a season of struggle with Hamburg, Rafael van der Vaart has received some bad news today, according to widespread reports in the Dutch press.
Van der Vaart has been ruled out of the World Cup with a calf injury picked up in training on Tuesday.
After 109 appearances for the Holland national team, Louis van Gaal has decided not to take VDV to Brazil due to a left calf injury.
As a result, it now appears that PSV youngster Georginio Wijnaldum will now keep his place in the Holland squad.
With Wesley Sneijder now the undisputed “number 10” in the Dutch first team for the World Cup.
On Tuesday, Louis van Gaal was asked about taking unfit players to the World Cup.
The incoming boss at Manchester United hinted at taking only fully fit players, “because I still have the opportunity to improve their skills…”
Watch Live Stream
- The Dutch FA want to appoint Louis van Gaal as their new technical director [Independent]March 30th, 2016
- England fall to a home defeat as Holland come from behind to win (Official Highlights)March 30th, 2016
- Highlights of Man United’s Memphis Depay performance v England (Video)March 30th, 2016
- Jamie Vardy put England ahead v Holland after a great move (Official Video)March 29th, 2016
- Rafael van der Vaart splits from pregnant partner Sabia Boulahrouz: “I feel like I’ve...August 12th, 2015
- Rafael van der Vaart tells the Mirror leaving Spurs “was the most stupid decision” of...July 22nd, 2015
- Rafael van der Vaart leaves Hamburg for Spanish side Real Betis [Video]June 15th, 2015
- Arjen Robben is a machine, says ex-teammate Rafael van der VaartFebruary 13th, 2015