Dutch star Rafael van der Vaart ruled out of the World Cup with a calf injury
- May 28, 2014
After a season of struggle with Hamburg, Rafael van der Vaart has received some bad news today, according to widespread reports in the Dutch press.
Van der Vaart has been ruled out of the World Cup with a calf injury picked up in training on Tuesday.
After 109 appearances for the Holland national team, Louis van Gaal has decided not to take VDV to Brazil due to a left calf injury.
As a result, it now appears that PSV youngster Georginio Wijnaldum will now keep his place in the Holland squad.
With Wesley Sneijder now the undisputed “number 10″ in the Dutch first team for the World Cup.
On Tuesday, Louis van Gaal was asked about taking unfit players to the World Cup.
The incoming boss at Manchester United hinted at taking only fully fit players, “because I still have the opportunity to improve their skills…”
- Dutch FA troll relentless Mexican fan after Robben’s dive inspired a year of tweets
- Leicester City make audacious move for former Holland Manager Guus Hiddink [Independent]
- Holland boss Danny Blind reveals he turned down offer to join Louis van Gaal at Man United
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- PSV’s Jetro Willems scores incredible backheel penalty in Holland training [Video]
- Outrageous Acca: Back Belgium, Italy & Holland to win at enormous 28/1 odds!!!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi