- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Dutch star Rafael van der Vaart ruled out of the World Cup with a calf injury
After a season of struggle with Hamburg, Rafael van der Vaart has received some bad news today, according to widespread reports in the Dutch press.
Van der Vaart has been ruled out of the World Cup with a calf injury picked up in training on Tuesday.
After 109 appearances for the Holland national team, Louis van Gaal has decided not to take VDV to Brazil due to a left calf injury.
As a result, it now appears that PSV youngster Georginio Wijnaldum will now keep his place in the Holland squad.
With Wesley Sneijder now the undisputed “number 10″ in the Dutch first team for the World Cup.
On Tuesday, Louis van Gaal was asked about taking unfit players to the World Cup.
The incoming boss at Manchester United hinted at taking only fully fit players, “because I still have the opportunity to improve their skills…”
- Updated: May 28, 2014